Recent content by Phayes

1. P

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

I regularly listen to Paradise on my Wiim mini.
  2. P

Fewer

One of mine is incredible, (if it is not credible, why bother with it?) and another is the need for reporters to begin their sessions with "absolutely"
  3. P

Spotify to layoff 17%

Bob did some brilliant radio broadcasts. He would be just as good as a podcaster. Most are still rubbish though
  4. P

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

Agree with most of the above, but must add Neil Diamond and the Smiths. I am left wonder what I have my system for!
  5. P

KEF LS50 Meta vs KEF R3

Ls50 meta £1000, R3 £900, time to jump, but which way? How long might these prices hold?
  6. P

Music is dead.

I intended to refer to rap (and perhaps should have extended my reference) in a positive way as it is reflective of a wider culture in a way which most "pop" is not. Yes I do know there is new in every genre, I do know that most is not substantial, (do I need to define that?), I do know that...
  7. P

Music is dead.

I notice that much of the "new" music seems to be 10 or twenty years old. Putting that aside, as one who grew up in the golden age of sixties/seventies, I recall that music was very much a part of a much wider culture. I suspect its modern equivalent might be rap etc of which I know little. From...
  8. P

Stereo A/V

Arcam SR250 could be perfect, but alas it is discontinued
  9. P

Best SciFi movies

Does Tremors count? I don't care, it's great!
  10. P

Loxjie D30 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Review

I have been reading many dac reviews here, and am tempted by all the talk of near perfection, even with relatively affordable examples. I currently use a Firestone Audio Fubar IV dac headphone amp. It is 11 years old, uses a Cirrus Logic - CS4344 dac. Is this totally out of date now. I have up...
  11. P

Human beliefs sure are weird. Why is it so difficult to get audiophiles to accept the existence of perceptual bias?

I might be delusional, and suffer from that hypothetical perceptual bias, hypothetically of course, but I refuse to be grandiose (somebody will tell me that's possibly delusional). Friends, you have convinced me. I do indeed suffer from PB, and it can be very expensive! What can be done for me...
  12. P

Human beliefs sure are weird. Why is it so difficult to get audiophiles to accept the existence of perceptual bias?

Perceptual bias? Of course it exists! Luckily I don't suffer from it (I think).
  13. P

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

I looked through all the previous, hoping this would not show, so I could declare the winner at end! Well, reading no further, this is it!
  14. P

full price AVR -3700H or half price NAD T-777v3

Anyone preferring the NAD? Many thanks for the above, it looks like I can't go wrong with the Denon. Or are there any other suggestions?;)
Top Bottom