Recent content by PeterZui

1. P

Measurable aspects of sound perception

Hi j_j, Interesting statement you do here. Is there a scientific proof on this and were the guinea pigs just average tasters and listeners or experienced and trained ? I like to taste and listen but have a different experience on this.
  2. P

We can can agree "this is no answer to the question and you omit discussions with others than "friends. Concerning imaginary friends; Do You Have Others ?? :D:D I personally appreciate discussions with friends who like to think otherwise ..........
  3. P

Please don't feel insulted by any statement. We might agree this is a perception in this case only and nothing scientific. From this point of view your remark has the same value as mine and is only personal
  4. P

Think I'm having a conversation with a directive teacher right now. Please don't take it all to serious :) What is wrong questioning actual human knowledge and my perception of this ? Do you think we know the major part ?
  5. P

Hi pkane, I like this general introduction but what is your personal statement/conclusion ?
  6. P

Hi Thomas Savage, Appreciate the "higher level" wording and appreciate your predictable actions as a moderator on this site Talking about "substantial" I would like you to read the discussions more as a scientific researcher and reacting on the statements than as a representative of donating...
  7. P

Hi j-j, I seem to disagree as we are all part (and result as I see it) of quantum-mechanics. There are no absolutely truths but only probabilities. In case you clearly believe in an external truth whatsoever we could probably agree that we have a different understanding of nature. Interested...
  8. P

Don't think we can conclude that this demonstrates all scientific results about human hearing are true. I think some are just helpful. At the time we do a blind test, sit on a chair, and only can tell minor differences between the live performance we heard once and the recording played; then I'm...
  9. P

Hi Wes, I do not like the blind thing, might get electrocuted during swapping in my crowded setup :p Enjoy longer term experiences and comparisons at home so I can keep my eyes open :D
  10. P

THX for your advice. Point taken in the blind belief in measurements statement. Think I made pretty clear I'm not a follower of anything else than my own knowledge, experiences and perceptions and have a lot of answers and even more questions. I cannot comment on "standard audiophile dogma"...
  11. P

No, you did not mention measurements and a statement in blind belief in them. I was just stating my current perception. What questions would you like to raise to achieve knowledge and understanding ?
  12. P

Hi xr100, Fully agree, I prefer the lossless PCM or DSD but the lossy coded streams can also create a good 3D natural image of the sound depending on the setup. It might approve a statement we are far from understanding our perception.
  13. P

Hi pkane, "is not the way I find acceptable to achieving knowledge and understanding" is a perfect way to state your truth and perception and appreciate this. For me just reading electronic measurement results is not the way I find acceptable to achieving knowledge and understanding. What do...
  14. P

Still also this maintains only to be personal perspectives with an outcome that is shared by a majority. So it "works"
Top Bottom