Recent content by PETERPAN

1. P

Preamp advice

Hello all, please be kind. I bought an Emotiva BasX 2 power amp, but can't get the PT1 Pre to buy, because I live outside the USA. Any good alternative available. Budget is £700.
  2. P

Some "interesting" claims by Pro-Ject re: their new CD transport box...

Are you saying that, a blue ray player is better than a cd only player? Can we accept that that there are people with a lot of CDs that love playing them. I believe there are people that also spend lots of money on things call Classic(very old)
  3. P

Some "interesting" claims by Pro-Ject re: their new CD transport box...

Considering the amount of criticism available here for a named brand, will someone give us what brand and model CD player they will recommend for those of us who have a lot of CDs.
  4. P

Outboard power supply

Thank you all for a revealing answer
  5. P

Outboard power supply

I need an outboard power supply for my Heed Obelisk preamplifier. Heed power supply is extremely expensive but I can't find technical information to assist in getting an independent model. Please help.
  6. P

Is Schiit audio in business?

I tried to place an order, but it says " rolling back order" with no time limit. Is it safe to order? My fear is that it could be forever.
  7. P

Linear power supply for a dual chip tpa3116 amp

Am just disappointed that manufacturers of very expensive hifi equipment turn round to talk and sell very expensive PSU. What makes their products expensive in the first place. Why buy an expensive preamplifier only to need a power supply unit to get the best out of it?
  8. P

Linear power supply for a dual chip tpa3116 amp

Sadly I have a similar problem. Need a power supply for a new pre amp I bought. Heed pre works well with their PX power supply but it is too expensive. Is there an alternative anyone know about? I hope the two of us will have a brilliant solution from here.
  9. P

Preamp everywhere.

Hello all. What is the use of preamps in a headphone amp and a DAC? Will they be capable of driving adequately, high powered power amplifiers?
  10. P

Steve Guttenberg - Audiophiliac

What is the diference between a REVIEW and an OPINION?
  11. P

Why do Yamaha integrated amplifiers have so much more power than other brands?

How come we have dfferent current delivery for the same watts in deferent amp designs, how do they measure that and how do they come by that? I have seen big transformers and high capacitors rating in one amp and the other smaller, all with the same wattage. Am asking why that information is...
  12. P

Why do Yamaha integrated amplifiers have so much more power than other brands?

Why do most manufacturers not publish their current delivery? Only a few do, and so called reviewers don't even mention as if it does not exist. To me it is very important, mor than the WATTS
  13. P

Power for toppings D50s

Great. Nice to know they do the P50. AMAZON has a very long wait for that. Still open to more sugestions.
Top Bottom