Recent content by Peterinvan

1. Peterinvan

Omnidirectional speakers

If you are not looking for an intimate spacious sound stage, the B&W Zeppelins are very impressive.
  2. Peterinvan

Apple vs Masimo, the aftermath of the lawsuit

FYI Masimo (MASI) shares soared 3.3% in the last trading session to close at $139.43. The move was backed by solid volume with far more shares changing hands than in a normal session. This compares to the stock's 2.1% gain over the past four weeks. The company's plan to spin-off its consumer...
  3. Peterinvan

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

I am enjoying my new FiiO K7 (with a LPS). Drives my Elegias (and other phones) with ease. Should meet all your requirements above. :)
  4. Peterinvan

Looking for versatile desktop DAC and Amp recommendation

K7 with Audeze LCD-XC This is a great pairing. The K7 is impressing me with its taught bass, 3D sound stage, realistic vocals and crisp snares and hi-hats. I am using a Regulated Linear Power Supply to get the extra micro details. This is my bass heavy playlist...
  5. Peterinvan

Audeze LCD-XC Review (Closed-back Headphone)

K7 with Audeze LCD-XC This is a great pairing. The K7 is impressing me with its taught bass, 3D sound stage, realistic vocals and crisp snares and hi-hats. I am using a Regulated Linear Power Supply to get the extra micro details. This is my bass heavy playlist...
  6. Peterinvan

Do you refer to yourself as an 'audiophile'?

I love music (playing and listening). To me, being an audiophile means I enjoy pursuing and obtaining the best quality in reproduction that my budget will allow. I admit that sometimes I cannot tell what improvement can be detected. However my view is that if I am listening to the best that I...
  7. Peterinvan

FiiO K7

It would be nice to have a more useful range when on high gain. However I quickly adapted to making very small adjustments in the 10:00 to 11:30 range. Loving the sound quality with the K7 (using a LPS).
  8. Peterinvan

I'm fine, right?

I returned the KA17 and got the K7 (with a LPS). It suits my desktop use better and the sound profile fits my ears better (I prefer not to use EQ). I have a KA3 and Cayin RU6 dongles for the portable use cases.
  9. Peterinvan

Which DAC/AMP combo for my Focal Clear OG ?

I believe the FiiO K7 (AKM) is very good value for money. I have powered it with a LPS for best performance. I does suffer from a non-linear volume control, but I have adjusted to making small movements in the 10:00 to 11:30 range. The sound profile suits my ears, especially driving the...
  10. Peterinvan

FiiO K7

Tested for you... Audeze LCD-XC from 4.4mm balanced. And Oppo PM3 from 3.5mm SE. At the same time. Both planers sound fine. The PM3s need a touch more on the knob to match volume. Besides, they are harder to drive. BTW... 1. I got used to the sensitive volume control. Not a problem. 2...
  11. Peterinvan

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

I could not justify the cost for Roon just for the playlists and the parametric EQ. After 7 years of enjoying curating my playlists on Tidal (MAX) it is now pretty good at offering up suggestions I like. I can download my playlists to my DAP. The only genres I don't like is HipHop, Metal, and...
  12. Peterinvan

What streaming service do you use?

I could not justify the cost for Roon just for the playlists and the parametric EQ. After 7 years of enjoying curating my playlists on Tidal (MAX) it is now pretty good at offering up suggestions I like. The only genre I don't like is HipHop and related Pop. It no longer tries to get me...
  13. Peterinvan

A surprise on Qobuz...

Chat GPT: aptX HD, developed by Qualcomm, supports high-resolution audio transmission over Bluetooth. It offers a maximum bitrate of up to 576 kbps, allowing for high-quality audio streaming. This higher bitrate compared to standard aptX allows for more detailed and accurate audio reproduction...
  14. Peterinvan

Do you know of any closed over-ear headphones that have a completely flat frequency response curve?

Each of us has a different "hearing profile". Usually caused by abusing your ears, or just getting older. All the online reviewers and contributors have different ears, so we have to take their recommendations as a starting point in our search for the best match for us. So my best advice is...
  15. Peterinvan

When did you last listen to live music

Live vs. Unplugged I was enjoying a couple of musicians playing a double bass and sax by the Victoria harbour last summer. I complemented them on being unplugged. Their reply was that the municipality guys have asked them to get amplifiers so more people will be attracted. Go figure!
Top Bottom