Recent content by Peter2448

1. P

Is my TV delivering enough power to my DT990 ?

I have the DT990 Black Edition (non Pro) with 250 Ohm. In general, yes, this is my question. In a Youtube-Video someone said, that distortion can occur, when you are driving your headphones with such a high volume, that the device isn't capable of delivering the "loud sounds" because there is...
  2. P

Is my TV delivering enough power to my DT990 ?

A week ago I have begun to play The Last of Us 2 and in the audio settings I saw options for the audio dynamic range (midnight, minimun,...,wide,maximum) and googled a bit (I never heard of this before, I knew HDR) and now I think to understand why everyone is recommending to have a bit headroom...
  3. P

Is there a technical difference between DT990 250 Ohm Edition and DT990 Black Edition ?

I have the DT990 Black Edition and I am curious if there is a technical difference. Beyerdynamic claims that the two versions are only different in terms of looks but the DT880 and the DT880 BE don't sound the same either, according to...
  4. P

My new AMP/DAC makes no difference, am I doing something wrong ?

Ok, I made comparisons one more time on my notebook, listening to music on spotify. I have notice some small things: 1.When listening to music with the Fiio it feels, that everything like the instruments, the bass and the singer is better seperated. On the HP jack sometimes it feels that the...
  5. P

I really didn't know that the PC mainboards tend to have such high output inpedance. I know that there is the rule that output impedance should be 1/8 of the headphone impedance at most. How does this affect the sound ? What differences when listening to music could one hear when comparing a...
  6. P

When I plug the DT990 into the Dualshock 4 for example, then it is fairly noticeable that soundquality degrades a bit. It's just not as fine as with the TV or Fiio. Lot of people are talking about crappy DACs/AMPs on their Smartphones/PC. I would assume, that most people use dedicated AMPs/DACs...
  7. P

I recently bought the Beyerdynamics DT990 250Ohm and the Fiio K5 Pro. I will keep the DT990 because they sound better than my HyperX Cloud but for the Fiio I don't know... I never had a dedicated AMP/DAC so I wanted to test one. I use my headphones mainly for gaming so the two options that I...
  8. P

Could I have damaged my new headphones ?

Ok, that's reassuring. There was one dude who said that such a signal contains a lot of clipping which could damage the headphones so I was worrying.
  9. P

Could I have damaged my new headphones ?

Yesterday my Beyerdynamics DT990 250Ohm and the Fiio K5 Pro arrived. The Fiio K5 Pro has been attached to the optical out of the TV via Toslink. I wanted to make some comparisons so I started with gaming on my PS4. The digital audio format of the PS4 is "Linear PCM" by default. There are also...
Top Bottom