Recent content by Peter

1. P

Best DAP for my needs?

What makes you say that? You have clearly stated you do not like Astell & Kern, is this your bias? or, is there something here I am missing?
  2. P

Best DAP for my needs?

I came across this review with some measurements. Can someone provide their thoughts and opinions? Thanks! https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/audio-player/portable-audio/astellkern-kann-cube-digital-audio-player-and-billie-jean-iem-review/
  3. P

Best DAP for my needs?

What model do you use? Yes, I agree, It would be great to see some measurements of their high end lineup
  4. P

Best DAP for my needs?

Why would you avoid Astell? Is it something that you personally don't like about the company? or is there data to support why to avoid them? I.e. higher than industry average defects, etc. Thanks
  5. P

Best DAP for my needs?

Kann Cube or Kann Alpha? They seem to have similar power output (again, can't find specific mW numbers at 300ohm for balanced output). Similar THD. Alpha uses 2 x ESS ES9068AS 32-Bit and Cube uses 2 x ESS ES9038PRO SABRE 32-Bit. Cube has more internal storage (128 vs 64), has a 5" screen vs...
  6. P

Best DAP for my needs?

My understanding is that the R6 uses "ESS9028Q2M x2 one for each channel" while the Kann Cube uses "ESS ES9038PRO SABRE 8channel x2 (Dual DAC)" which is a step up. To be honest, I highly doubt I would be able to hear the difference. I have also read, although cannot find objective data, that the...
  7. P

Best DAP for my needs?

Thank you for the detailed and thoughtful response. The Quloos QLS QA390 looks like I would still need another device for the music content so I don't think that will work for my needs. I have my FiiO for sale now. Once I sell it, I will purchase the Astell&Kern Kann Cube or Kann Alpha...
  8. P

FS: FiiO Mark2 X7

Price drop to $400 CAD
  9. P

FS: FiiO Mark2 X7

For Sale: FiiO Mark2 X7 Digital Audio Player. Objective data: https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/amp/fiio-x7-2-balance.php#rw27_198,9&gsc.tab=0 Specs: http://fiio.net/en/products/71/parameters Why am I selling? I personally don't like the UI of the FiiO and looking for an...
  10. P

Best DAP for my needs?

Hi majingotan, To be clear, I do want to purchase a new DAP and I do not want to use my iphone. I plan on primarily driving HD650/HD800s. I do not plan on purchasing high quality IEMs at this time.
  11. P

Best DAP for my needs?

Thank you again bobbooo. I should have been clearer in my statement. Yes, there is objective data from one site for the FiiO M2 X7, but I cannot find data for either the Kann Cube or Kann Alpha. In addition, I am deciding to purchase a new DAP for several reasons, one of them being that I really...
  12. P

Best DAP for my needs?

Thank you for the reply. My preference would be to have one device only and to not use my cell phone as a source. I appreciate your opinion on potentially not receiving an audible improvement in moving to a "higher end" DAP. The audio market can be very confusing without objective data. and all...
  13. P

Best DAP for my needs?

Hello, I am looking to purchase a new DAP for my audio setup and I have a few in mind based on my research. I currently have Sennheiser HD650 w/2.5mm balanced cables and a FiiO Mark2 X7 DAP. I am looking for a step up in audio performance and UI performance from the FiiO. I may also be looking...
  14. P

DAC/Amp Recommendation

Darn. Hmm, I see an all in one from Auralic, but that is beyond what I would like to spend. Any reviews on the quality of DAC in the Yamaha WXA-50. I could stream to that and use that to power my book shelf speakers and then use the output for my headphone amplifier...
  15. P

DAC/Amp Recommendation

Perhaps Sony HAP-S1 or Teac Al 503?
Top Bottom