Recent content by perdido34

1. P

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Topping Tune aside, Is this unit going to be an audible improvement over its predecessor, the D50s? Of course not.
  2. P

Bose QuietComfort 45 Headphone Review

...which you cannot do using the Bose app, at least not multiple treble cuts.
  3. P

I like classical music, and the bass is excessive for what I listen to, so I turn it down several notches. I have some high frequency hearing loss, so I increase the treble. Can you see why I suggested you choose the settings based on what sounds good to you? If you're a bass-head, you...
  4. P

The Bose app only allows three points of adjustment--there is no way to approximate any sort of target curve using the app. I just adjusted it so it sounds decent with the music I listen to.
  5. P

Yes. Because if it is turned off, then Bluetooth is also turned off (as well as ANC), and the only way these headphones could then get an input would be through a cable. But I have never used mine with the cable, so I don't know what you get if the unit is turned off and connected by cable to a...
  6. P

"Passive" and "turned off" mean "no noise cancellation" (ANC off).
  7. P

The 45s have much better sound quality AND noise canceling than the 15s. However, the 15s run on a replaceable AAA battery; the battery in the 45s isn't replaceable.
  8. P

I bought these to use for work meetings; I am in a home office with a noisy window air conditioner, and the QC45 (using Zoom) completely blocks that sound from me and the other folks on the call--and it does a better job with my voice quality in that noisy setting that AirBuds Pro2 or my older...
  9. P

It's about 10 a.m. here, and my neighbor is cutting and edging his lawn with battery-powered equipment--but it's still quite noisy. So now I am enjoying Bach organ music with the QC45s--no bass boost necessary for those pedal notes!
  10. P

I have been seeing patients for psychotherapy from home via Zoom since the day after our state had a pandemic shutdown in March 2020. When a house was being built that spring, it was incredibly noisy until I bought ANC headphones (Sony WH-1000mx2). The headphones, plus the noise suppression...
  11. P

I've never had the misfortune of being on a plane with my ANC headphones and a screaming baby. How much did the ANC headphones suppress the sound?
  12. P

The low-level hiss is there when I'm not playing any audio over the headphones. I have never noticed it when playing music or during zoom meetings, but YMMV depending on your hearing and your ability to focus.
  13. P

I "ignored" him a while ago. Waste of time to respond, since he comes back with ad hominem comments. I thought this was forum was about science and audio, not personality??
  14. P

I haven't checked battery life on my set of QC45s, but there are a number of YouTube posts showing about 21 hours for continuous operations (a few hours less than Bose claimed. Of note, this set of measurements at rtings.com also found a volume imbalance between left and right drivers...
  15. P

You operate under the assumption that people can read your mind while ignoring what you actually wrote. Meanwhile, you say I'm not careful? Oh, well, I'm moving on.
Top Bottom