Recent content by Pennyless Audiophile

1. Pennyless Audiophile

Explain to me what I'm hearing from 45W to 80W

No, you are not fooling yourself. Amplifications do sound differently in real life, they become indistinguishable only during blind testing, in strictly controlled conditions. That is, blind testing takes away all the subtle clues that let you appreciate the different sensations that they can...
  2. Pennyless Audiophile

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Or simply means that measures don't tell the whole story. Since a lot of people like it, the fact that the D/A conversion has mediocre performance is probably scarcely relevant to many.
  3. Pennyless Audiophile

I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF IT.

Everything was clearly just in your brain :D
  4. Pennyless Audiophile

Movies Worth Owning

I am quite surprised of not seeing anything from Kubrick. I would say 2001 a Space Odyssey is a must. I watch it once a year.
  5. Pennyless Audiophile

Subjectivists EVERYWHERE!!!!

I admit, I am probably off topic...
  6. Pennyless Audiophile

You are basically telling me, since the electrical properties of the equipment we can measure and we know very well how they work, we just deal with those and screw everything else that concurs to give you the reproduced musical experience? That doesn't seem very scientific to me. Let me use a...
  7. Pennyless Audiophile

This is exactly what I am advocating, there is very little knowledge of this psychological response, other than intuitive conclusions. I care up to a point about the outcome of a blind test, because my listening conditions will always be different. And I am not happy to be told "that's up to...
  8. Pennyless Audiophile

Because they are. If I gave you all the info about my hearing, my psychological status, the equipment, my room, and the recording I am listening, would you be capable of telling me the impressions and sensations I am going to have? The graphic designers can with very good approximation. In...
  9. Pennyless Audiophile

Yep. That's exactly what I am saying. Graphic designers are perfectly aware of these illusions and, if necessary, use them to their advantage. Why audio equipment designers shouldn't do the same?
  10. Pennyless Audiophile

I watch the sky at night - look that star doesn't seem to blink like the others I take binoculars -oh it looks like a small disk with 4 dotted lights around I use a telescope - The small disk is an orb with bands and the dots move! I add a spectrometer - The planet is made mostly of hydrogen! I...
  11. Pennyless Audiophile

Would I know there is a room there? :o)
  12. Pennyless Audiophile

I would say Joe had a good time, good fun and a sense of accomplishment with his hobby and some d*******g tried to take all this away from him because, because ...what is the reason? Actually the reason escapes me... can you explain?
  13. Pennyless Audiophile

This is interesting. What are the open points in audio science? What is still in need of investigation? What are modern studies focusing on?
  14. Pennyless Audiophile

Billie Eilish

Actually when you have a "developed aesthetic sense" you can understand the beauty in what doesn't seem to have any. Someone with a "developed aesthetic sense" listens to a larger, rather than narrower variety of music.
  15. Pennyless Audiophile

[YouTube] The Big Measurement & Listening Mistake Some Hi-Fi Reviewers Make - SoundStage! Real Hi-Fi

You see ... these "philosophical" positions a completely incomprehensible to me. What on earth gives you the right of talking down those who approach musical reproduction in a different way? This is beyond expressing a different point of view, this is expressing contempt to those who don't have...
Top Bottom