Recent content by PenguinMusic

1. P

Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone Review

Hi, I think Maiky76 also gave his own PEQ settings and I found them to be slightly better than those from Oratory. Of course that is a matter of tastes :) But it has to be stressed that those PEQ settings will reduce the amount of bass. The Z1-R is indeed a bass heavy headphone... So I am...
  2. P

Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone Review

Better... Or different ? Better or more accustomed ? I personnally have never been convionced by IEM. Yes they seal the ear but that cvomes at a price (at least for me) : I hear all my internal noises (throat rattling, air getting into my lungs...) and I do not like it. And I am under the...
  3. P

Disappointed with Shanling CD80

Hi, Bought it from an authorized reseller that is 18km from my home. Device sounds gorgeous... But it takes time to figure out it does not really work as advertised... SO the delay to return it was long gone :-( Regards.
  4. P

Disappointed with Shanling CD80

Hi, Shanling offers products that sound really good to human ear (do not know about measures). But their customer support is simply the worst I have ever seen in the whole audio industry in years. Here are some of the problems I ran into with several of their devices : - SOFTWARE Totally...
  5. P

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Hi, I am now awaiting for Topping to release the five legged sheep :) That would be a device that would combine : - easy and reliable Ethernet Streaming from UPnP/DLNA device compatible with 3d party-apps ; - a really superb DAC with PEQ (like this one) ; - a powerful and good headphone...
  6. P

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Hi, I happen to be a lawyer, but not in the US, in Europe/France. From what I understand, so far Erin has not been drafted to go to court. So far, Erin just threatened him to sue him. From experience, I think chances are Eric will not go beyond threatening. He will leave it to that. A...
  7. P

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Already out :)
  8. P

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

Lucky you... Me, when I try to update with the Fiio App I get a "There was aproblem parsing the app" showing... So I can't install. Anyways, I'll sell this old player and all my DAP's : Shanling m2x, m3x, m6, m6 Pro and m8 :)
  9. P

Hi, It works but I do not think it installs latests version of Fiio Music :-( But I'm checking it.
  10. P

Hi, Yes but that also results in a fail. So not working... Regards
  11. P

Hi, Same problem on Fiio m11 pro. Shanling eh-3 is not Android based. I think fiio announced that the r7 will be updated to Android 12 in a bar future. Which makes the device future proof for some years... Besides losing compatibility with some software is not a problem as long as you can...
  12. P

Hi, As I said the best sounding device I got is the shanling eh-3 Sounds wonderful... We even tried it as a pre amp. Beats the smsl su9 hands down ! But the steamer function is not really nice should you need EQ... There are workarounds but they're all had to compromise a feature of another...
  13. P

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

Hi, Did not know about that other device. Besides, you can compare it to mini-i Pro 4 because it includes HP amp. But a lot less wireless and analog options. Still a real choice to consider.... Regards.
  14. P

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

Hi, Can the mini-i 4 be used with third-party software as both "media server" and "renderer" ? 1°) AS a media server Let's assume I hook up a USB drive to the mini-i 4. I am sure that I can then browse thorough the content of that USB drive to play it from the Matrix app on my Android phone...
Top Bottom