Recent content by Penelinfi

1. Penelinfi

March Audio Sointuva AWG Bookshelf Speaker Review by ERIN's Audio Corner

We could make a list of wood finish vs weight lol Density was something I was considering as well as appearance with these speakers
  2. Penelinfi

I like to weigh myself, then myself+object. It means you get results on the region of where the scales "should" be more accurate; the weight of humans.
  3. Penelinfi

BMR dispersion

Minx 22 is likely good either vertical or horizontal. I assume they roll off that midbass BMR to compensate more for baffle step. If they are anything like the Mission cubes of old, they will have a shaping filter network potentially as well. Dispersion will be "180⁰" in either orientation...
  4. Penelinfi

I thought 6.6kg seemed on the lighter side
  5. Penelinfi

How Long Do Speakers Sound as They Were Designed ?

Sometimes the carrier oil soaks into felt damping material or even the tweeter diaphragm, or gaskets
  6. Penelinfi

It probably varies based on cabinet material
  7. Penelinfi

Svs Ultra series - finally a good bass towers?

So far we haven't seen anything except marketing :)
  8. Penelinfi

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Water isn't a good test for air leak holes. Maybe a sealed box with smoke? Dyed alcohol? Light isn't a confirmation test. I've had carbon fibre cone drivers in the past with similar light holes
  9. Penelinfi

Hopefully they reply this week; at least to reassure people. Alan did recently attend a hifi show (with new pre/amp) so that would be a little bit of time. Though the cabinet builders wouldn't be held up by that
  10. Penelinfi

M106 distortion

That song uses a lot of "distortion" in the guitars especially the vox "talking guitar" part. It has a bit of a bright scratchy bite to it. May also coincide with something in the tweeter response too.
  11. Penelinfi

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Owner's Thread

If you don't need loud volume you could give a little more bass to the speakers. Otherwise a sub. I don't think another amp will get you more bass. Because if it does, then you can do the same thing with DSP or EQ/ tone controls etc.
  12. Penelinfi

MoFi SourcePoint 10 - Review & Measurements by Erin

They might have to change it to SP 310
  13. Penelinfi

Usher speakers construction video

Already a thread on this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-end-floor-standing-speaker-production-process-落地揚聲器製作過程-音響製造-taiwan-speaker-factory.53708/
  14. Penelinfi

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

Sometimes I wonder if they'll update some of their drivers or not. The 7" midwooders have been around for years. Same with the DMD tweeter. I think the alumag is new.
Top Bottom