Recent content by pejakovic1

1. P

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Since the Auto Off feature isn't working at all, or just works randomly, maybe this feature is what actually makes the units shutdown randomly. And the complete failure of units is unrelated to that.
  2. P

Most users that reported completely dead units were using < 40 ohm headphones. If I'm not wrong, testing the unit with low impedance might be worth the shot.
  3. P

This would be great, as I remember most failures were from low impedance headphones.
  4. P

I think it's time we admit to ourselves that the problem with random shutdown units might be either firmware or hardware related and not PS related. This is not taking into account the completely dead units, those may have different problems.
  5. P

The fact is replicating it is hard, my device shutdown 3-4 times in total in 3 months.
  6. P

My unit shut down 2 times with the same meanwell power supply you bought, and one or two times on stock PS. First time it was during a game. Secone time was when i restarted the pc and the shutdown was expected because the device is on auto standby mode and i havent touched the pc since restart...
  7. P

First time in life I'm hoping a device dies, sorry :D but it is for the greater good :D
  8. P

Few months, songs just recently started sounding enjoyable. Both DT-990 and DT-1990 are lacking in the voices department imho. Mostly listen to metal, rock etc... But what I don't like is heavily colored sound of DT-990. Just a matter of time before I get used to them on DX3 pro. Still the bass...
  9. P

It is true. I remember the first time I used DT-990 pro too. It was quite sibilant with other DAC/Amps, with DX3 it's much less sharp. Needless to say I sold DT-990 as it was unbearable without a tube amp, with DX3 it sounds good, but still a bit sharp in some songs. HD 660s replaced them tho...
  10. P

Atm from that picture i get that I need to open the adapter, pull the Negative and connect it to my outlet. How do i do that on a schuko outlet? Thanks :D
  11. P

Already got a meanwell power supply but I guess its still got those Y-type capacitors. How would I earth the adapter ground?
  12. P

So if you are using a mixing board, which dac gets through? I mean if your mixing board has a dac wont it be pointless to use dx3 pro, sorry for the newbie question.
  13. P

Thanks. I'm in a bit of a dilemma with my device. It creates buzz in all active speakers. I suspect some ground problems in it. The moment i plug it in any power grid the buzz starts.
Top Bottom