Recent content by pdxaudio

1. P

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

Can the lights and the screen be completely turned off on this unit?
  2. P

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

Replying to my own post because I had another thought on this issue today. I believe it’s an issue when the device is switching between different sampling frequencies, if you notice the first song in my example is 96 kHz and the other second one is 44.1 kHz, that’s why playing songs from the...
  3. P

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

I think you’re right, that’s part of the issue, I was using RCA outputs. After switching to XLR and into Benchmark HPA4, I can see how you wouldn’t notice it at all. However with XLR into a Purifi amp, I can still hear it if I listen for it, and still no reason for it through RCA output. With...
  4. P

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Anyone notice a crackling noise from a tweeter when the D90SE switches the bit rate or frequency between songs, also noticeable when switching inputs? This can be more or less noticeable depending on the system, for example I can barely hear it in my Benchmark system but pretty noticeable when...
  5. P

Mine is connected through Ethernet too but I’ve tried WiFi as well, but it doesn’t seem to be related to the network connection since I was also able to reproduce this issue from an external device like Node 2i which has this problem when connected through coaxial or optical but it plays fine...
  6. P

I posted this here before but thought I’d check again if anyone has noticed this or can test on their unit. I have an issue with my M33 where it cuts off the first second or so of the song when playing random songs from different albums. If the same song is started again, it plays fine and when...
  7. P

Yes, the output signal is a bit quieter with Tone Controls on, about 6-7 dB, and there’s no distortion on my M33 as well with tone controls on.
  8. P

Yeah, it’s kind of a crackling sound, definitely more noticeable in person and higher volume.
  9. P

I can hear the distortions as soon as she starts singing around 12 second mark. Here’s my attempt to record the issue, not sure if it will play everywhere. First recording is with the subwoofer output disabled and the second one with it enabled, I think I set the crossover to 40Hz here.
  10. P

I don’t use a subwoofer either but I can reproduce the issue with Lost Without You by Frey’s Ridings or The One I Love by Ellen Krauss tracks by enabling 1 or 2 subwoofers in the menu. The crossover can be set to any value, at the default 80Hz it‘s pretty noticeable, especially in The One I Love...
  11. P

Yes, I just tested the same track on my M33 and it definitely has some audible distortions with subwoofer enabled.
  12. P

The remote doesn’t do too much, you can control volume, play/stop and skip tracks. You can switch inputs easily with 1 through 9 buttons. BluOS app lets you control some more stuff but not everything, for example you can’t change the display view for different sources or control Balance, you...
  13. P

I didn’t really notice any difference streaming directly from M33 vs Node 2i connected through coax but I also didn’t spend too much time comparing them.
  14. P

So I did another test with my M33 cutting off the beginning of a song with these results: M33 BluOS - the beginning of the songs were cut off Roon - no issues Node 2i connected to M33 through coax BluOS - songs cut off Roon - songs cut off Node 2i connected to M33 through RCA to line in...
  15. P

Interesting, my M33 has this issue even when skipping to the next song in a playlist or during the transition, assuming the 2 consecutive songs in the playlist are from different albums. If the 2 songs are from the same album, then it appears to work fine.
Top Bottom