Recent content by pbc

1. P

miniDSP Harmony 8x12 Car Audio Amplifier - Review and Measurements

Issue with the remote is more around where to mount it and still have an OEM look to the car. I really like the rotary controllers for the Helix/Match Up and the Audison offerings. Look like they'd be much more simple to build into the interior.
  2. P

Strangely, I was curious in particular about my SI M3's as they are only 86db or so sensitivity, so was wondering how they'd do with "only" 40 watts so it's funny that you're going to try those. I'm running all SI, M25 MKII, M3, TM8's that I picked up off the incredible Black Friday sale in a...
  3. P

Weird, haven't seen an amp work like that before. What speakers are you running with it?
  4. P

Thanks. Couple of questions: - how does it handle center channels? Does it upmix or simply sum? - the manual seems to imply you can bridge the channels to get 80w but then seems to imply it’s at 2ohm when you do so which I don’t understand? Why would bridging channels impact the ohm?
  5. P

Thinking of using this in a MOST150 system, need to connect it to a Zen V for OEM integration. Anyone think there would be an issue with that? Also, I literally am struggling to find someone actually using this in a vehicle, and see no user reviews on MiniDSP's site...which seems quite odd...
  6. P

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

Curious, can I hook up a Chromecast to this unit to act as the streamer and just use the Martin Logan Unison for ARC? I purchased an HDMI Audio extractor but can’t seem to get audio to the Unison. https://a.co/d/d6LgrVH Hooked up the Chromecast HDMI to the HDMi in on the extractor. Then...
  7. P

Using an iphone13 and a brand new laptop (and tried a Surface Pro 9). Maybe will try and see if the transfer button works better now that I have it connected to a power line device. That or figure out a different streaming device hardwired to the Unison for ARC. Though I was hoping to keep the...
  8. P

I’m streaming from Tidal. Doesn’t matter if I str from my phone or from my laptop.
  9. P

One issue I seem to be having (Unison) is the music cutting out every few minutes. Cuts out, then starts up again a few seconds later. I put in a powerline ethernet adaptor I had lying around, hasn't really helped. Sounds really good other than that, even with my Polk Audio RTi3 bookshelves...
  10. P

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Have a pic of the bottom by chance? Is it one insert in the middle or multiple? Unfortunately I’m up in Canada / East coast.
  11. P

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Curious, do these speakers have any mounting inserts in the bottom for stands?
  12. P

SMSL A300 My Subjective-ish review

Not sure there’d be much point moving from the Aiyima to this amp. Especially if you’ve modded the Aiyima. I had the SMSL AO200 and the Aiyima, couldn’t really tell much of a diff at all so returned the AO200.
  13. P

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

How did you go about measuring/testing that?
  14. P

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

How can you tell it isn’t earthed?
Top Bottom