Recent content by Paulz

1. P

Extron XPA 1002 Plus Amplifier Review

Thank you for clearing all of that up for me. I wanted 2 of these bridged to mono, but really sure at this moment. They're definitely very interesting. Thanks everyone!
  2. P

I get it now/finally lol. Thank you very much.
  3. P

Motomech, I just saw you're great post so wanted to thank you, as that is just what I needed to know. I watched a short YouTube video by crutchfield explaining how to place a jumper from the ground to the negative in the connector piece, which I think is what you described. Alas, sharpi31 and...
  4. P

My bad. Amir didn't mention the 70V version at all...
  5. P

Thank you so much for telling me that. I wondered at first but thought the one Amir tested was the XPA 1002 and it was 70V. I'll look more into this now. BTW, do you know what the suitable voltage might be on these amps?
  6. P

I just scored a very nice pair of Revel 12s for $400 and need more power, so this amp seems like the way to go, or am I missing something? https://www.ebay.com/itm/225217092715 My only problem is I have cognitive challenges I won't go into, so I was wondering if there's a tutorial or...
  7. P

Max spl comments? JBL 305p-Kali IN8v2-Revel M16-Elac DBR62

I mean 2 seem to be in percent, the other two in db. Is there a way to easily compare or transpose the two vertical metrics, or am I missing it again? If so, I humbly back out of this. Much help anyway!
  8. P

Very nice, thanks, that helps. Just cant equate the vertices distortion scales between the actives and passives. Again, my bad.
  9. P

Thanks for that really. How about just asking which of these speakers might be flatter either at say 85 db or 92 db. And what about distortion profiles at those respective volumes at 10 feet? Again, please dont worry about responding once you realize my technical limitations... brain injury...
  10. P

Sorry. I realize that I'm out of my depth and don't at all expect to be walked through something beyond my low current or expected understanding of the objectives!! So no worries about that! I was just trying to get an impression on the effects of compression and distortion between the...
  11. P

Wow! Those measurements were incredibly helpful. Thank you so much. Is there anyway to look at both the compression effect on both output and distortion levesl during compression? Thanks again!!
  12. P

Verrrry interesting. So can one have a sense of how loudly, in terms of any relevant listening metrics (e.g. distortion, compression-induced frequency anomalies) the two passive standmounts (or others) can be compared with the actives at the (actively limited) spls? In other words, which...
  13. P

So because the Kali and others have a limiter that kicks in when they start to compress, one cannot easily compare them to those without a limiter in terms of the latter's max spl frequency and distortion profile, beyond the effect of the limters on the former?
Top Bottom