Recent content by paulgyro

1. P

Heard a Revel and JBL Synthesis for the first time: F208, F228Be, 4367. A surprise for sure!

I tell you what, if I had the cash I would buy them now based on what I heard and what I know about them objectively.
  2. P

Heard a Revel and JBL Synthesis for the first time: F208, F228Be, 4367. A surprise for sure!

Interesting speculation, and I watched the same GT interview and have even discussed this topic with Erin directly. I really want to find away to objectively quantify or are least suggest objectively measured what I and other have heard.
  3. P

I think you are on to something with your comment about the dispersion of the speaker. I think the wide baffle push more of the sound forward too. This can be obverved in publish spinorama data.
  4. P

I'm not sure what what/who you are responding to as this thread has majorly wondered but I attribute the difference more to the wide baffle width of the JBL at this point and much more controlled / narrow directivity of the JBL vs nearly omnidirectional Revels.
  5. P

Comparison of the two in the same graph, lightly more high-end in the 4367 from 5-9k but very slight. There is no way this was the primary difference I heard.
  6. P

Thanks for this wise and realistic comment. I'm just trying to figure out technically WHY The 4367 sounds like it does and how I can find other speakers that have the same type of sound.
  7. P

Arendal 1723 Monitor THX in a dedicated room that is ~320 square feet / 3000 cubic feet that is carpeted and decently acoustically treated.
  8. P

It not obvious as I don't get what you're trying to say here and thus your post isn't helpful. I'm coming here for honest open discussion not snarky remarks that obviously add nothing to the discussion.
  9. P

Wow, talk about the best of both worlds and the Genelec 8351b on top of it. You have access to some of the best speakers on the planet. Have you done a detailed review of 4367 vs Salon2 by chance?
  10. P

Now that comparison should be very illuminating as the 4367 is said to be the passive incarnation of the M2.
  11. P

I get your point but know the F208 and F228Be aren't small speakers at all!
Top Bottom