Recent content by PatF

1. PatF

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

never mind ... I do not have time for such discussions. I understand my mistake...
  2. PatF

I am always on the side of measurements etc. but I also think that personal opinion without scientific ground is also interesting when properly expressed. I never stated that I have found objective truths etc. It is sad that even with pure intention I was immediately pushed to the ground because...
  3. PatF

For me it was obvious that my opinion is subjective. I did not write I performed several blind test .... I wrote I would like to share my experience ... also I matched volume of amps with multimeter (as accurate as I can). I only wanted to share what I found with such sighted listening ...
  4. PatF

I see that this forum reached total level of absurd.... Ok np. I will not write any impression about audio gear without examination on the University level....
  5. PatF

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Outstanding mezzo-soprano
  6. PatF

What are we listening to right now..

Great recording of Violin Concertos by Bach. Highly recommended :) https://www.ilpomodoro.org/record/bach-violin-concertos/
  7. PatF

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Great Recording on truly historical flutes from Spohr Collection https://outhere-music.com/en/albums/spohr-collection
  8. PatF

“Modern Baroque” by Apollo’s Fire

It is but only if they are not vastly compromise like trumpets in video with Beethoven ... It is so funny, because in Beethoven there is no problem at all with playing on proper copy of natural trumpet (sadly there are using awful hybrid from 70. developed in England by Michael Laird - 4-hole...
  9. PatF

In Monteverdi ? Why wrong ?
  10. PatF

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

OMG Terrapin here :) Who brought you here buddy ?
  11. PatF

Very good ensemble ... sadly they are using wrong trumpets.... :)
  12. PatF

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

For me when someone is telling me that some system is musical it means only that he liked it in terms of overall balanced and cohesive sound reproduction. As you said term "musical" is very vague and highly subjective. People have their own preferences which sometimes are against equipment...
  13. PatF

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

On On benchmark site I have found a calculator of audibility of THD+N. I put my values in calculator and I got such result. My question is if my background noise is 37 dB SPL it means that level of audible THD+N which is 33 dB SPL will be masked by background noise ?
  14. PatF

Noise from integrated amplifier

I think there is EI transformer. I have dc blocker but it did not helped … intersingly my dc blocker elimated such problem from my matrix audio mini i pro 3.
Top Bottom