Recent content by ParadoxDelta

1. P

Topping DX5: Issues with SPDIF audio drops

Unfortunately this device didn't fix the spidf drops for my LG OLED E9 with my Topping DX5 Lite. I tested with DX Lite firmware 1.10 and 1.12 using different cables and toslink / coax combination and SPIDF Mode 1 and 2 on the DX5. I did quite a lot of testing with different in-between-devices...
  2. P

How to use 2 DACs on 1 Windows 10 PC, with separate PEQ profiles?

I had my fair share of issues with the voicemeeter solution. There seems to be only one order and driver selection in wich my 3 soundcards work without distortion (also had to reinstall drivers for the main device). Due to these issues the HeSuVi project recommends AudioRepeater KS + VB Cable as...
  3. P

Measurements of Motu UltraLite mk4 (AKM DAC Version)

ASIO would strip me of the EQ capabilities of EqualizerAPO, if I'm not mistaken :confused: the mirroring to 7.1 way would be my prefered solution at the moment, so I wonder if the Motu devices can be configured as such under Windows.
  4. P

Measurements of Motu UltraLite mk4 (AKM DAC Version)

Hi, I have a question regarding the multichannel capabilities of the Motu Ultralite devices (mk3, mk4, mk5, avb). Is it possible to configure any of them as e.g. 7.1 devices under Windows (not just in the Motu software) or are you bound to multiple stereo devices? I want to set it to 7.1 in...
  5. P

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Ok, just measuring the voltage seems far easier to me, than deriving it from the Amp specs. According to the linked tool, volume at 5V should hit 116dB. This, to me, would be a more reasonable clipping volume than the 105 dB that my sound level meter showed. Are these calculations based on the...
  6. P

I switched to unbalanced connector for easier understanding. When I have the Amp on High Gain and max volume, the distortion starts at Windows volume 83/100. Is there a way to convert this in dBfs? (in EqualizerAPO the distortion starts at -3dB when Windows volume is 100 wich might be the value...
  7. P

How do I calculate die maximum voltage the Topping A90 is able to deliver on my 300ohm HD800? I'm a little confused what to use per ear with balanced unbalanced and so on. The product info states 2x1000mw for balanced on 300ohm.
  8. P

I inserted the mod rings myself but the issue existed before that. The superdupont mod doesnt interfere with the driver. They try to imitate the dupont resonators of the HD800S. They are basically foam rings with a paper-bottom and you insert them in the middle of the protective frame (the...
  9. P

Yes, they do. The right driver a little earlier than the left. The maximum volume depends on the kind of song I'm playing. Here I used Deadmau5 - Polaris since I can hear the issue with this song quite early and cut the tremble with a low-pass-filter for better audibility. This song normaly...
  10. P

Alright I managed to take a closer look at the drivers and discovered tiny dents in the membrane around the inner circle under heavy bass load. I'm pretty sure they cause the distortion. I did a short video of the issue. The dents appear around 5s into the video (especially visible with slower...
  11. P

Thank you very much. I'm still curious: What is the expected behaviour of a headphone that gets more power than it can handle?
  12. P

Your Topping A90 and an old Violectric V200
  13. P

Thank you very much for the input. Maybe the term 'scratching' was a bit misleading. It doesn't sound like some object is scratching the membrane. When the volume reaches a certain level, the deep frequencies disappear and are replaced by a distortet roaring sound (I don't want to call it...
  14. P

Noob question: I'm running my HD 800 with balanced cable and super dupont mod. When I reach fairly high volume on bass-heavy songs (~105 dB per ear measured by my subpar sound level meter) the bass starts doing this scratching clipping noise (right side distorts more). I tried 2 different DACs...
Top Bottom