Recent content by Papaya_X

1. P

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Thank you for pointing this mistake ! The bloc you are looking for is instead named "PageOptions" : <PageOptions> <!-- Supported values for this page: Hidden (default), Visible --> <Visibility>Hidden</Visibility> </PageOptions> To : <PageOptions> <!-- Supported...
  2. P

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

Hi, I was facing with the popping noise issue using the DO100 DAC while connected with USB 2.0 to a windows 11 computer. This problem seems to take its origin from two different things : - The switching between DSD and PCM - The signal streaming going into sleeping mode. This unit is able to...
  3. P

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Hey, I'm looking for some advice ! I'm wondering which one of the "good" and "cheap" headphones amps I should take : - This Topping L30 II , which is clearly stunning - 149€ - Sabaj A10h - 73€ , seems very good and cheap for SE needs - Sabaj A20h - 115€ , cheaper than L30 II but it has...
  4. P

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

Hey I have the same problem. Everytime I shutdown the unit all my settings are wiped. But instead of occuring when I'm using the remote, it is only when I shutdown the unit from the power button on its back. Did you find a solution about that ? My DO200 don't do that. It's very recent by the...
  5. P

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

I think you will like this combo !
  6. P

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I'm afraid I don't have any data to give you but only my experience which is worth nothing on this forum.
  7. P

Thanks for the advice! I'm only entering this rabbit hole and found a class D amp to be a good entry point for the cost, value and overall quality (also I'm a student). I always loved tinkering with my gear (guitars, amps, pedals, computers,...) and for me it's part of this hobby, and as long...
  8. P

Thank you for your reply ! Some may argue that DBR62 match very well with good class D amps as they sound kinda warm. Also, by experience, I find AO200 sounding very different as typical class D amp like TPA3255 or even Hypex, it's more warm and it doesn't have this piercing highs. So maybe it...
  9. P

Hello all, I'm planning to buy the ELAC DBR62 (or Polk R200/R100) and I'm seeing almost everywhere that they need a lot of power to be driven correctly, if not power, some "grunt". I have a SMSL AO200/DO200 stack to drive them, do you think it will be sufficient for them to be driven correctly ?
  10. P

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

You can maybe find your answer here : https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amir-should-compare-power-sound-quality-from-a-single-and-dual-chiped-amps.26003/
  11. P

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

Hello @jokan , I will receive my AO200 pretty soon and I plan to make the OPAMPS mod at one point (I will take the time to ear how it sounds). Would you suggest I modify all the OPAMPS to OPA1656 or some are not worth to remove ? (I will use a subwoofer at one point also) I also have a DO200...
  12. P

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Because we are customers and we pay for a product. Yes Topping offers high quality products, but why this one has a build quality that is not on par with others of their good products ? Why we, customers that payed for this products, wouldn't have the rights to point the finger on things that...
  13. P

How did you find the PCB build quality and solders ?
  14. P

Some people that already received their PA5 could open it in order to check if the build quality is better that what we already observed please ?
  15. P

Hey you are a human, your ears can't perceive what a measurement instrument can, and that's EXACTLY why we are doing scientific based measurements here on ASR with proper hardware. But hey, once again you are human, whatever the measurements tell, at the end the sound is only going through your...
Top Bottom