Recent content by panther

1. P

Elac Carina BS243.4 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Sorry missed that you were mentioning velas. I was referring to the Carina still.
  2. P

I did not like the BS at my desk as a nearfield setup when trying to be quiet while kids were really young. I've had way more enjoyment with Triangle speakers for that or Dali.
  3. P

Would agree with this. I definitely feel like something comes alive when I can go over -35DB or so on the volume of the NAD C399.
  4. P

Yes it was great for my Dali Menuets in a smaller room before we moved. My new room was fine when we sat and watched TV 10ft away However the back area was a workout / playroom and I wasn’t enjoying it when I workout (with the carinas). Probably could have lived with it really but got a deal on...
  5. P

Yes I had the BS with a Yamaha wxa50 and it was very meh. I bought the FS when I moved and had a lyngdorf 1120 at the time. That was better but honestly I still somewhat more would be better. Got a NAD c399 now and I’m happy with the power, I still like the lyngdorf for all it’s software control...
  6. P

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Compared to some other stuff they are not "high end". I think NAD probably bought a ton of them and keep using them on most of their amps. However 99.99% of the time I don't look at them and my cables have stayed secured so good enough.
  7. P

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120

Love the Lyngdorf remote app as well as tweaking it when you log in with it's voicings and such. I miss this on the NAD amps. The lyngdorf feels miles ahead to me in this way. Also the included mic and stand with the Lyngdorf are first rate for something coming included.
  8. P

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I had one new that would change inputs on its own from usb to optical so I sent it back. I got a used one a while ago and it worked well but I could hear pops and crackles on the usb input if I went above 24 bit 92khz for playback on my computer.
  9. P

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

Mine is limited to 16 bit, 48000 khz with no options to change on USB.
  10. P

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

Mine causes a delay in shutdown of my PC by about 10 seconds or so. As soon as I unplug it from USB my PC shuts down significantly faster. The onboard DAC is actually ok compared to what I thought it was going to be like when I read and watched a few reviews. Definitely an external DAC is better...
  11. P

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120

There is a remote you can order just incase you didn’t know. I almost never used it I liked the app.
  12. P

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

Just wondering if the FIIO contol app lets you EQ,apply filters and change the volume when running on the USB input? Also does it stay hot while in standby? I am considering it or the RME ADI-2 DAC FS for DAC and Pre amp functions basically. But I want the option for headphone use sometimes.
  13. P

This $850 Fiio K9pro has a built in EQ, through the app. How does it sound better than a cheaper dac/amp?

Is it a big deal that the k9 pro ESS hp out atpre not truly balanced. I had not realized I when I was considering it.
  14. P

NAD D3045 makes Popping noises at higher sample rates.

I bought a NAD d3045 used and it seems to work find overall. However when I set the sample rate above 96000hz (192000 or 384000hz) at 24 bit or 16 bit there is audible crackles and pops coming from my music, games or youtube videos I tried. 96000hz or lower it goes away. I am sure there is no...
  15. P

S.M.S.L DA-9 vs AO200?

So far I have had no complaints with the SMSL AO200 with either Dali Menuets or Triangle Comete speakers. Easily enough for a small office. I honestly was really impressed so far with the onboard DAC. I am even wondering what I am going to gain from an external DAC. I've considered the DO200 mk...
Top Bottom