Recent content by panther

1. P

Desktop Speakers ~$2000 (Active & Silent)

Other active I had the Adam A5x I could not hear on my desk at all. The T5v I could hear the slightest hiss but it did bug me. Yamaha HS5 I also could slightly hear. I seem to remember hearing a slight hiss from Audioengine A5 and Vanatoo t0.
  2. P

Desktop Speakers ~$2000 (Active & Silent)

Had some Acoustic Energy AE1 actives and man they were i to my ears. Mine developed an oscillating noise though and had to go back. I got cold feet on actives due to that but I’m kinda regretting not giving another pair a shot.
  3. P

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

I guess this would pair nicely with the AO200 amp for a nearfield setup for passive speakers and headphones. Also for the odd time I use HP, would I just not turn on the AO200 I guess so I don't have audio going through speakers and HP?
  4. P

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Yeah I was thinking of a used one just to get me through until something newer comes out. Just like that it has the USB,preamp,DAC,SW out with a high pass filter and a headphone amp.
  5. P

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Is this an option for the LS 50 meta for nearfield use? I need something small at my desk and like the sub out option. I have a Martin Logan 800x and can fine tune it’s LPF (I believe) on the sub itself or the app it has.
  6. P

AE1 Active, lost my female XLR input

Just as an aside looking at the black finish, do you find them to be dust magnets? I am trying to decide on a finish and wondering if I should go black or walnut. White is what my kids want and I think would probably notice the dust the least.
  7. P

Floorstanding Speakers nearfield

Decided to stay with active speakers, ordered some Acoustic Energy AE1 for now. May just have 2 systems in the room at some point with a cheap tower setup just for kicks.
  8. P

Floorstanding Speakers nearfield

Has anyone tried using tower speakers in a nearfield to midfield setup. I’d like to not have speakers on my desk in my office. I know I could go with various mount options from the wall or stands but I’m wondering if just getting some floor standing speakers would be an option. My room is 13’ x...
  9. P

Schiit Jotunheim 2 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I have Adam A5X connnected to the XLR out and it works great as a pre amp. Can cut off signal to them and just use HP also.
  10. P

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

This may be a dumb question, but is there an alternative streamer that still uses the BluOS software not made by Bluesound?
  11. P

Elac Carina BS243.4 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

I had the BS speaker at one time with a Yamaha WXA-50 and didn't care for that pairing. I also have the FS version, really enjoy it for our downstairs TV setup. Paired with a Lyngdorf 1120 it was good, but I really had to turn up the volume for dialogue. I bought a NAD C399 and this pairing is...
  12. P

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Ah I understand. I would maybe contact NAD directly. Maybe they can give you a link to the file directly, or it will remind them to add it to the download page.
  13. P

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

There was a "patch" in the BluOS software which I let install. However my issues were not resolved until I did an upgrade on the C399 itself. There was a notification on the front panel to download an update which I did directly on the C399.
  14. P

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Ah thanks! I think I saw one of the YouTube reviews with these a while ago And had forgotten about them.
  15. P

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

I feel like I asked you this before but it must be a different post, what stands are your A5X on?
Top Bottom