Recent content by pantag

1. P

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Thank you. I do not listen hip-hop and only very light dance/EDM music. My focus is on other genres. Definitely not a bass-head but it seems the Sundara needs some EQ to shine. On the Periapt cables... I already have a 2.5mm to XLR for my HE4xx. I am curious how difficult would be to modify it...
  2. P

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

I have the Senn HD650 and Massdrop HE-4xx, the initial version with the 2.5mm plugs. I am considering the Sundara. How different is the Sundara from the HE-4xx? (All driven by a THX-AAA 789 amp) Also, if i pull the trigger, I am thinking to also get Periapt balanced cables. Recommended with...
  3. P

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Excellent, thanks for sharing. It matches the search I've done on this after my post. So, all you have to do is just select the DAC in the Sound menu in OSX and you are set. Any recommendation for a good FLAC player in OSX besides the iTunes plugin "Bitperfect" and Audirvana?
  4. P

Amirm, what is the case for OSX? WASAPI is just for Windows devices. How can you have something similar on the OSX side for bit-perfect audio? Any settings and/or application recommendations?
  5. P

Just got the SU-8 from Shenzen and when i checked the firmware (holding down power button as i plug in the power cable), it shows ver 1.6. Any idea on what has been changed from the well known and Amir-tested ver 1.3?
  6. P

Yeah...saving $50...not sure if it worth it... I have a DAC currently, so not super urgent.
  7. P

I have ordered my SU-8 from ShengenAudio on Feb 12. I contacted them yesterday and they said it will take an extra week before it ships due to the Chinese holiday order volume. WTH? 15 days before something ships??
  8. P

Review and Measurements of Fiio K3 DAC & Amp

So, besides the Topping NX4 and Fulla 2, what other devices are competing at this price range? Needs to be portable/USB or battery powered.
  9. P

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Headphone Amp

Not sure, as I do not have an Android phone or tablet. It is pretty flexible however. Did you check the FAQ section at Schiit? I believe I did see something for Android for it (positive).
  10. P

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Headphone Amp

Looking forward to the Fiio K3 review! It would be great to see what kind of good DAC/Amp portable combo (USB bus-powered) you can get for around $100+ . Curious to see if it can drive the 300 Ohm Senn HD650, as Fiio claims only up to 150 Ohm headphones. Currently have the Fulla 2 but it is not...
  11. P

An amateur quick comparison of Chord Mojo and Fiio K3

Yes, exactly that. Fulla 2 starts distorting a lot after 3 o’clock and is not very powerfull overall. Looking at the specs, K3 is even less powerful so i am not too sure where to look at next for a portable solution for 250 and 300 ohm headphones. (I do have a Magni 2 uber for my desk and a THX...
  12. P

An amateur quick comparison of Chord Mojo and Fiio K3

Any update on when to expect to see the measurements for the Fiio K3? Besides the crappy Fulla 2, i am not sure there is much competition out there around $100+ for a decent quality DAC/amp portable combo. I believe Topping makes the NX4 (or something like that) but the K3 looks better overall...
  13. P

Same here. Placed my order a couple days ago and it is still processing. The banner that you see for Feb 18th, does not only apply to the SU-8. It is even on the front page of their site. I guess it is just backlog from the Chinese New year closing in combination with holiday shopping and of...
  14. P

Huh...that's new i guess... Where and when did you get your SU-8 from? Can you open up the cover and tells us the board revision? Just 4 screws at the bottom and the cover pops up.
  15. P

This is very helpful, thank you. One last question i have is around the sample rate and bit depth. What is the best option to select with WASAPI, for FLACs that can be 16bit or 24bit and max rate 192kHz? Will WASAPI down/upsample?
Top Bottom