Recent content by PancakesAdInfinitum

1. P

Is there a compact desktop streamer + DAC with XLR out *and* decent US-based customer service?

I have a pair of Neumann KH 80 DSP and a Rythmik sub that I want to set up on my desktop for near field listening. Space is limited and I don't like clutter, so I'm trying to find a compact desktop streamer/DAC with XLR Balanced out (for a direct connection to the KH 80's). I have used products...
  2. P

Streamer is not being detected by other devices on my network

I really appreciate everyone's help. Matrix Audio is closed for the week celebrating the Chinese new year. Hopefully they'll have some suggestions next week.
  3. P

Yea, I saw that. I tried that earlier and it didn't help. But thanks!
  4. P

The provider is coming tomorrow to inspect the port upstairs. But it has always worked for my Macbook, where its been used for my home office. It stopped working just a couple hours ago, and now nothing can connect to that port. But yea, I agree that if the upstairs port was the issue, it would...
  5. P

Okay, so another hiccup. This thing is spiraling. I had the mini i-4 connected to an ethernet port upstairs, not directly into the router. That port spontaneously stopped working, which seems extremely unlikely to be unrelated. I moved the mini downstairs and connected it directly to the router...
  6. P

I'm in a townhome community and all the connections are already installed. I called the provider and the woman i spoke to wasn't sure they offer static ip's to my community, but will check. If they do, its an additional $25 a month which is certainly not worth it. Unless I'm just testing to see...
  7. P

Dynamic That one is a bit over my head. How do I check that? Also, update to your previous suggestion, while pinging the device showed network traffic, the transfer/receive rate is blank on the client list....
  8. P

welp, I guess we can cross that off the issue list
  9. P

Performed a factory reset. In order to enter the wifi password, it says to go into settings > network and click on WLAN. WLAN doesn't appear as an option on the device menu, only LAN
  10. P

confirmed the above. mini i-4 is on the network with an assigned IP. successfully ping'd the IP showing network traffic
  11. P

Appreciate the suggestion, but I don't think it worked. Assuming I did it correctly... connected mini to Macbook via ethernet; Macbook connected to wifi; went settings > general > sharing, then activated 'internet sharing.' The router detects the mini when its connected through the Macbook, but...
  12. P

I just bought a Matrix Audio mini i-4 from this forum, advertised as new. Current configuration is: mini i-4 hardwired via LAN, connected to a pair of Neumann KH 80 DSP and a Rythmik sub. I have tried everything I can think of, but my iPhone and Macbook don't detect the mini i-4 on the network...
  13. P

Knocking/popping noise from Left Channel of 1ET400A from VTV

I recently purchased a used Purifi 1ET400A built by VTV (Hypex buffer, build date March 22). Everything was fine for the first couple weeks, then my left speaker began making a persistent knocking/popping noise, rhythmic in nature and almost like a fast metronome. The volume of the noise varies...
  14. P

Any good active speakers that play LOUD?

The risk of hearing loss is a function of exposure over time. OSHA recommend limiting exposure at 100 dBA to 120 minutes, and that time is halved for every 5 dBA increase. Nonetheless, as another suggested, investing in a sound meter isn't a bad idea.
  15. P

Any good active speakers that play LOUD?

Thank you all for the suggestions! I didn't realize there was that much demand for volume and SQ. Probably should have mentioned my ideal budget is <$12k (including the used market), but still a lot of suggestions that fit that bill. This forum delivers like no other; wish I'd found it sooner.
Top Bottom