Recent content by Palfim

1. P

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I use a 9038SG3 and an old android phone , which only has about 2700mAh capacity and that lasts over 12 hours for normal 16/44.1 listening, with hardware volume almost at max. So I don't think there is a significant difference in power consumption between the mentioned dongles, as I had several...
  2. P

Planar magnetic cans under 800eur.

For deep bass I'd get the HE-6se v2, it's under 700usd from adorama or from hifiman as open box deal. Great measurements and reviews and you can return it if you don't like it. No tax for EU , since they ship from Poland. The monolith amp should be sufficient (with balanced cable) , I'm debating...
  3. P

External DAC + AMP for Hifiman Ananda with Macbook Pro 2020 as source

I don't think it was a mistake. These new types of DD+ba+EST IEMs are getting raving reviews all over the web, you just have a simple source/driving quirk which should be solvable easily somehow. I would trade my used Ananda for a new oracle right away, plus there are enough cheap over ear...
  4. P

External DAC + AMP for Hifiman Ananda with Macbook Pro 2020 as source

I also have an Ananda and a couple IEMs in the same price range . But for me it was the complete opposite, I liked the Anandas more and do 95% of my home listening on them, using just an eida 9038s and my phone. Also prefer the orotary autoeq (convolver eq sounds best, if you have the means...I...
  5. P

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

Shenzhenaudio states "Not compatible with Android and iOS due to insufficient OTG power supply". That's a pity, is there really no way to do it ? Like using an Y usb cable with phone and power bank?
  6. P

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Are you using the balanced output and the newest firmware ? Mine autoswitched to the new QX crossfeed setting, but that sounds awful. You now can switch between balanced, unbalanced and QX mode in the app, I had to put "2.5 balanced" in the settings. If you look at the review, the 5k has around...
  7. P

Shanling UP4 Review (DAC & BT Headphone Adapter)

Oh yeah, you're totally right thanks for that updated measurements ! I love the peq too , it's actually the reason (and usability,power ) I bought two of them and even gave the other one to my mum haha. You know mums don't eq, she thought I swapped her Sennheiser for an updated better one when I...
  8. P

Shanling UP4 Review (DAC & BT Headphone Adapter)

At first glance I got reminded of the q5 review, similar device for same purpose and sinad in the 80s. But q5k has desktop class noise performance as attested by you and way higher dynamic range , but more distortion which results in a similar bad score I suppose ? And more power, plus about 90...
  9. P

Galaxy Note 8 /S8 with cirrus logic DAC - too much noise

Nevermind , managed to solve the issue myself. The dac's gain and volume is adjustable through mixer_gains.xml in system/etc. (Need root , but only while modifying this file...though make a backup before!) I had values set to drive my HD660S which worked ok, but when you switch to sensitive...
  10. P

Galaxy Note 8 /S8 with cirrus logic DAC - too much noise

The newer EU and Asien exynos notes and galaxys have a dedicated CS Dac, as we know CS has high quality, my note uses the cs47l90. https://www.cirrus.com/products/cs47l90/ My phone is rooted so I fixed the EU volume restrictions , tried the audio mod sauron. Well I get very high output , I can...
  11. P

Sivga Phoenix Review (headphone)

Well thank you alot for all the hard work, it's greatly appreciated, and one of the very few reviews sites with objective science backing it. Saved me at least from buying those on looks alone. With all the ads and great looks it's one of the most sold headphones on Amazon, while stuff like akgs...
  12. P

Sivga Phoenix Review (headphone)

AHH the sivga phoenix! On the outside it's one of the most beautiful headphones, plus they make alot advertisements on Amazon, always wonderd how they really sound.would have been too good to be true I guess, but sexyness sells ,haha! So thanks for the review, very informative, was hoping this...
  13. P

Audirect/Hilidac Beam 2SE Review (Portable Headphone Adapter)

I have to agree with the common tenor...only really useful if you need mqa otg. I myself mostly use qudelix too, have 2 of them and gave 2 of them to my parents to make their old sennheisers wireless and eq to proper neutrality with it's peq. Can't hear no difference between ldac bt und cabled...
  14. P

ddHiFi TC44B Review (Headphone Adapter)

At that time he only had a 50 ohm unit for balanced measurements, I think the 9038s did 220mw before clipping . This may be the best dongle for sensitive IEMs. Out of the hidisz s9 , eida 9038d or s, it has the best dynamic range (123 dB) should be lowest noise yet ?
  15. P

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

I'm hoping they do better. If there's a similar shaped headphone with same style cans but better measurements I'm all for it. Meanwhile I testet Amiir's EQ, the GitHub autoEQ one again and orotary's. I still like factory tuning the most, with about 12db elevated subbass. Not just standard EQ but...
Top Bottom