Recent content by palamudin

1. P

Lets talk cables

That track is no way shape or form show material. On "warm" sounding systems youll enjoy it to a degree, the moment you get anything revealing you will hear the errors in actual performance of the artist (errors on guitar), spitting/swallowing noises. I dont know if that is recorded in such a...
  2. P

Review and Measurements of Sabaj Da3 Dac compared to Dragonfly Black

The guy i got my SabajDa3 from had hifime 9018, he said if you never heard hifime and sabaj before you wouldnt know which one is playing. Thats how close they are. He kept the hifime and sold sabaj just cause hifime is more expensive and he would lose more selling used gear while Sabaj was...
  3. P

What are we listening to right now..

Ray Bryant Trio - Ray's Tribute to His Jazz Piano Friends
  4. P

What are we listening to right now..

<|°_°|> Damn its good.
  5. P

Measurements and Review of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC

Easy to test it. Tell kids to randomly turn up or down the volume while changing dacs. That will mess you up. If you dont have a clue whats playing after 4th change thats that.
  6. P

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

The veils would be lifted for sure. Tho not the kind of veil lifting they like to dribble about. Side note, i got a friend that makes stuff (audio) ill see if i can drag him to forum since he really is a wunderkind. He once conducted an experiment with some beast of his and audio cables. There...
  7. P

Is there a chance to see what is sabaj capable on balanced output and not maxed volume (as we see there is degradation in quality in some products when volume is maxed and to check is the "balanced" usage worthwhile or is it just a marketing gimmick). Also id like to see the whole shebang like...
  8. P

Need help prioritizing what to review next

Truth be told comparison between sabaj and n4x is kinda comparing apples and oranges, one is ES9018Q2C dac for mobile purposes the other one is ES9038Q2M which derives from PRO series. Results were expected altho i would like to hear them side by side on same volume. Now, SMSL IQ is the dac...
  9. P

Im extatic to see how these chi-fi (no racism at all here) just demolish "brand" named products. Truth be told the difference between sabaj and this is not gamebreaking for me as i already enjoy it so much BUT next time i get to splurge ill deffo look at topping as a serious contender for my...
  10. P

Lets talk cables

Dont forget the veil lifting.
  11. P

Ultimately we would need a teardown and analysis of someone competent to peek deeper down the development pipeline of signal path. Possibly ripping out programmable data on chips.
  12. P

He is talking about THD graph @amirm If i might chime in with a "reasonable" deduction. Its a dual DAC layout. Each channel is processed by one dac. That provides some benefits and some pitfalls as no 2 chips will perform with exact same result. Edit: Bonus thing is that xmos is multicore, if...
  13. P

Measurements and Review of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC

Pro tip. Buy Sabaj Da3 :wink: screw these mega machines. Buy some quality wine for the change.
Top Bottom