Recent content by pablolie

1. pablolie

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

Death isn't scary. We make it so, our civilization makes it "bad". You "lose" if cancer gets you, etc. It's all nonsense. Conscious life is the total statistical anomaly in the universe. It's the universally shared fate of anything living that it eventually dies. Or... that it transforms. First...
  2. pablolie

Where does quantization noise come from.

All true. One thing to keep in mind with Fourier transformations is that, once you have done a few of them, you learn that the differences in the permutations on [n] decrease exponentially, very rapidly. People obsess about minute differences that don't interfere with our ability to direct space...
  3. pablolie

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

We also have an unprecedented ability to listen to very high-quality audio while we work out or go on long nature walks. It doesn't have to be sedentary - but I'd also like to remind everybody that a moment of meditation (in whatever form) and chilling while listening to your golden audio setup...
  4. pablolie

Where does quantization noise come from.

The "reconstruction" is based on a Fourier transformation. In math the transformation is perfect (Nyquist theorem), in practical implementations a meaningless amount of what you call "noise" may remain. Not sure I entirely trust that graph though.
  5. pablolie

I should mention it hits home - I have had two very close friends die from heart attacks in the last 6 years... in both cases there were warning signs that were ignored because we guys seem to tend to think we'll get better if we tough it out... I do my yearly checkup religiously.
  6. pablolie

@BDWoody thanks for a fantastic PSA - we all need that awareness. Glad you're OK and here's cheering for a full recovery and beyond - these things are a reminder we can always do better - all of us.
  7. pablolie

New Magico M7 speakers

Anyone that wants to sell me one (or two) 100k sub to go with my 400k full range speakers better be prepared for my laughter in response. It seems an admission you are wasting money on full range speakers because they are impossible to integrate into real world rooms and need a sub as much as a...
  8. pablolie

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

NAD offers great support with anything M series. My M22 had a touch button issue outside the warranty (it was a tad dodgy from the start), and theyndisnt hesitate to send me a new one right away. With the more down market stuff like the D7050 they'll send you to reluctant hobbyist support...
  9. pablolie

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

It's a fun brand, Seven Friday watches, and a limited edition of 450 watches. Mechanical of course (my personal preference). :-)
  10. pablolie

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Using the built-in speaker? That is very impressive. :-D
  11. pablolie

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I haven't touched this topic, simply because this "I know what I hear" stuff is something that has been debunked hundreds of times when the testing is normalized. Try some of Archimagos tests. You talk in absolutes I haven't seen anyone else use, yet then again you claim you are the exception...
  12. pablolie

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

We shall see. I for one like 320k spotify a lot quality wise. Great recordings sound great. ho hum recordings can't be magically improved by higher bit rates. so I shall wait and see and write down an opinion when (and if) it finally happens.
  13. pablolie

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I totally get and agree with your point. But I also know there are for a fact very informed audio aficionados that know gear and make choices that simply sound their perceived best for their very focused preference. One of my best friends, for example, owns gear he completely knows doesn't...
  14. pablolie

I have absolutely zero issues with someone taking a more artisan approach to doing things. It can be brilliant. In 2023 a Stradivarius was sold for $15M. I doubt that manufacture measured their gear. But just be open and informative and confident about it. Even in ASR, the consensus in the...
  15. pablolie

Amir has showed his competency with many very educational videos that benefit budding, fact-interested audiophiles around the world. He has the backing of a loyal community doggedly determined to fight off charlatanerie from those who don't have a single factual leg to stand on when offered a...
Top Bottom