Recent content by PA3BPAT

1. P

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

There are simpler, more earthy needs for hardware. Some (rare although) files sold as DSD256 only and you have to have some hardware to play it, haven't you? After all, the space on HDDs is cheap.
  2. P

It is hard to check what they really do, but in a price range 0.5-2x from the price of Okto DAC8 PRO most of modern (2017-) AVRs at least claim doing so. While checking this claim today, I actually found one device which have specifications close to what I am looking for (HDMI to multichannel...
  3. P

Which is pretty much standard option for decent AVRs modern days. ...again PC. I do not want PC in audio chain. Moreover, decrypting SACDs requires time, disc space and (the hardest part) rather exotic hardware. If I consider SACD decryption of my collection that would be only for the purpose...
  4. P

Thank you, I know. but that's not a point. The points are: 1. I already have plenty of MCh SACD (in plastic, not ISOs) and I would like to continue listening them. Most of the AVRs (including mine) I know have mediocre DACs and unbypassable PowerAmps, but at least I can enjoy something. DAC8...
  5. P

Sorry for jumping into rather old discussion. I came to the forum specifically to dig some information on this particular (DAC8 PRO 8-channel) product. Please clarify me if I am wrong: at the moment (without HDMI-in implementation) the only option for listening multichannel DSD is doing so from...
Top Bottom