Recent content by OzarkCDN

1. O

Review and Measurements of REL Wireless Subwoofer Transmitter

I was using this transmitter for my sub and noticed a spurious sound... I'm assuming it's 'wifi interference', but not sure what that would sound like. Could anyone let me know? I attached a sample recording where you can hear the noise above the steady tone: Bass
  2. O

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

I did get my shd and flex from your shop and did read the posts - they've been helpful! However, the settings on my sub don't exactly match up, but I think I'm translating pretty close to the nominal interference from the sub's crossover.
  3. O

Yes, I'm just looking for what to set the sub at to baseline the readings to start with.
  4. O

I'm setting up a sub for the first time - looking for a little advice! I bought the monolith m-15 to use with my shd and using the rel transmitter that Amir tested. My thoughts are to bypass as much as I can on the sub and using the shd for control - so, using analog out 3 to the rel...
  5. O

Is this track too hot?

No, I've run it from apple music on my macbook pro to planar headphones, or to active monitors through a beringer umc 204hd interface, or through a minidsp flex.
  6. O

Is this track too hot?

I wonder if I have a setting messed up then. I pulled out my macbook and a set of headphones and hear the same buzz!
  7. O

Is this track too hot?

There's a test track on Apple music that I was checking out my new monitors with and there's a nasty buzz coming through my Kali speakers. We had some electrical damage, so wasn't sure if something in the audio chain was damaged. I swapped preamps and it still persists, so I don't think it's...
  8. O

Revel F208 Tower Speaker Review

I have old Naim NAC A5 speaker wire from my previous Naim 42.5/140 system that's already snaic'd (sic... lol.. old naim pun there) through the walls. IIRC, it's low capacitance, high inductance cable. Would that be fine for the 208's? I found these stats from a dealer: The specs for Naim...
  9. O

Subwoofer Comparison

Amazing, op! What a ton of work you've done - certainly helps collate the bits and bobs of disenfranchised spreadsheets I've found trying to research a sub for my room. So, I've read that multiple subs generally help to even response out in a room, but if I am looking at your sheet for my...
  10. O

Between the A and T on Preposition Street.
  11. O

I pm’d the proprietor of this website, @amirm , as his company is a dealer, to buy my pair. - Considering the specs on this speaker, what would you all look for in a sub to pair for a large room?
  12. O

Western Electric WE16GA versus Ordinary Cable (Any cable for that matter)

Pardon please - what is RF terminaton for zip cord?
  13. O

OK - and it would be the 'SHD' product we're talking about and not the 'SHD studio'? The minidsp website is a little overwhelming.. :-) So, if the SHD covers all these functions, would it be redundant to consider something like the RME ADI-2 as a DAC/preamp?
  14. O

If I understand this product correctly - does it function as a digital / analog 'preamp'? For instance, I have a TV with toslink output and a xbox hooked into the TV, so the TV is effectively my 'a/v preamp', then TV toslink to a dac toslink to rca converter -> current preamp. If I bought...
Top Bottom