Recent content by Owl

1. O

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

Simple, mindless and easy the clear definition of pop music. Remember intellectual rigors are discouraged in order to sell ( anything).
  2. O

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Apparently it looked good on paper, but like Amir has pointed out before, some companies do not test there products'.
  3. O

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

At five thousand dollars that product is a complete fail.
  4. O

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

How do I set up REW for measurements and then interpret?
  5. O

3-4 way active project

I've been battling my own 4-way passive set up and can certainly emphasize with the project. I basically had to remove the drivers and start over with a better, flush mount baffle and offset the tweeter and midrange. The measurements were only slightly better looking but there was an overall...
  6. O

Room modes

I was wondering why the general consensus is to not try and eliminate frequency nulls, but spikes or peaks can be effectively cut down some. Does it have anything to do with the DSP algorithm, some programs may be better than others, or is the result just horrible sounding.
  7. O

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

I bought my Benchmark amp for all the same reason most people bought there's, and it has proven to be worth every penny. Longevity and serviceability, if necessary, being the main points. As far as class D reliability is concerned, it looks like the module kits that are sold have a higher...
  8. O

Do you think the sound quality of the polk r700 or the Polk lsim707` ````is better?Less distortion

I too purchased the R700 and returned them, but for a different reason. The down firing sub-bass port just didn't play nice in my room. They sounded pretty good at loud volume though.
  9. O

Lenbrooke acquires MQA

It still looks like a solution looking for a problem.
  10. O

Lenbrooke acquires MQA

Wasn't the original premises to help eliminate counterfeit records, to "authenticate"
  11. O

Any lovers of ambient?

I've been listening to the program, "Hearts of space" for over 40 years now. Steven Hill puts together a great weekly program.
  12. O

Speaker Lining

I used 3/4 inch acoustic panels, that I cut up and lined all side except the front ( where the drivers are mounted ) nothing loose or in-between the sides. I believe the material is cut up cotton fibers, and is very dense. The speakers are heavy and do not vibrate at all. I'm looking into buying...
  13. O

PrimaLuna Dialogue Three Preamp Review

I used both of mine just yesterday, truck with manual transmission and record player. A fair comparison, but not completely accurate. I don't know anybody who wants to listen to inferior equipment, but the personal driving experience is more interactive, involving more than just ears. Is there a...
  14. O

Temp of Benchmark DAC3?

I have the same two units and my experience is like yours. Just guessing here, but if you listen to the DAC you can hear the power supply, but not the amplifier. Clearly a completely different design for obvious reasons.
  15. O

Off Grid Solar Question

We have all seen the stair stepped sine wave depiction of music that the Hi-res audiophile world has advertised. This depiction is incorrect with music, but that is exactly what a, DC to AC invertor sine wave looks like. I lived off grid for many years and used a couple of different in...
Top Bottom