Recent content by oversorrow

1. oversorrow

Wired In-Ear Headphones Recommendation

Yeah, iem brand like moondrop in China offers a lower price point. But I have already decided to buy an ER2XR(about 79$), thank you!:cool:
  2. oversorrow

Microphone for vocal recordings: cardioid or supercardioid?

Oh sorry I forget, the E935 was only 99$ on sales day, I bought one during black friday and thought it's the regular price. Actually, your concern about ambient reflections is unnecessary, because no matter what polar pattern you choose, when you sing you have to put the mic very close to your...
  3. oversorrow

Microphone for vocal recordings: cardioid or supercardioid?

Why not consider E935/E945? The newer version of Sennheiser's evolution series, the same price as the last generation. Supercardioid microphones cause more proximity effects than cardioid. Let me teach you some polar pattern knowledge: The cardioid has a wide acceptance angle of about 180° (the...
  4. oversorrow

Wired In-Ear Headphones Recommendation

Price under 50$, please.:)
  5. oversorrow

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

No, the difference is not very big, but the main design has changed and people tend to think V2 is an improved product, right?
  6. oversorrow

The firmware.
  7. oversorrow

Here we go, a Chinese audio marketing company compared the old and the new versions of M2/M4.https://www.exound.com/articles/16ef084c-5cbe-4b4f-8da7-befce85fc235 In short: DAC: ES9016S to ES9026PRO ADC: AK5554 to ES9840 (M2 using ES9820) Controller: XMOS to Atmel (Roundtrip Latency is same)...
  8. oversorrow

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

What ASIO driver did you use?
  9. oversorrow

Digital effects for tube and/or analog sound?

Softube Tape, Fabfilter Saturn2, UAD Tape Bundle, and Klanghelm SDRR. These are analog emulation plugins I often use in music production. I can't tell you which is the BEST, because each of them has their application, some on a single track, some on the main bus. But if you want to do some...
  10. oversorrow

Recording quality of Motu mk5 vs M4

No, just my personal experience. But if you want to watch some comparisons I recommand the Youtube Podcastage channel, watch the M2 episode and the Golden Age Project preamp episode.
  11. oversorrow

I had this question as well when I got M4, because I chose M4 for its nice looking figures, and I naively believed that the better figures it have the better sound quality it shows. I was absolute wrong, the preamp sounds a little bit brittle and edgy but stays clean in general. So the M4 gave...
  12. oversorrow

There are not too many choices in the 300 dollars price range. Alctron or Golden Age Project will do, depending on your region. Get an M4 at first and use it in practice, don't consider buying an outboard preamp too soon until you REALLY think the preamp is making an influence on your recording...
  13. oversorrow

It depends on your recording requirement, the mic preamp of M4 sounds bad to me. The ADC is pretty nice but the THAT 6263 preamp just doesn't hit my expectation especially when I use dynamic microphones. I am a music producer (recording gear manic) and I really care about the sound quality of a...
Top Bottom