Recent content by Oscarilbo

1. O

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

So the recommendation would be to use preferably low gain in order to turn the volume way up?
  2. O

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

So wait. The Heresy has channel imbalance? How obvious is that and how can you tell?
  3. O

SMSL HO100 Review (Headphone Amp)

That’s was my question. So it is not a true balanced output?
  4. O

*NEW* AKG K702 has been measured by Oratory!

Thank you. The thing is, I dont use a computer for my desktop listening. I'm still a bit old fashion; my Onkyo CD player as source for my CD collection, into a Schiit Modi3+ Dac and a Magni Heresy amp. How can one EQ in a set up like that?
  5. O

Thank you Robbo... and yeah, my K702 are new and in fact my ears do not touch the drivers, so I think I'm safe then. Btw I'm considering getting the K712 just to listen that "a tad of added warmness" to the AKG sound (which I like) that may fit my taste even better. But I was wondering... what...
  6. O

Do you recommend the pads even for a couple of months old K702s ?
  7. O

AKG K553 MKII or ATH MSR7B for detail and imaging?

Yeah, I mean, give it some time but you ultimately trust your own perception because its your own, and as I said we all are under different variables. Personally I can say the MSR7b perform much better than they look. They have a fairly neutral signature with a very open and transparent...
  8. O

I received mine (MSR7B) some weeks ago and I just love them. Sound very realistic, organic and open for a CB headphone, kind of an open sound in a closed headphone, which makes them feel weird imho. They have sort of a liquid quality in the sound, non dry at all. I just loved them and I decided...
  9. O

Hidizs AP80 pro.

Hi. Has anyone used this player (or de updated Pro X version) just as a transport of the clean Hi-Res signal to an external DAC vía its USB output? It says in the description the USB input/output can be used as a SPIDF source. Is that right?
  10. O

Hi guys. I’m having difficult time deciding between these two closed back headphones; the AKG AK553 MKII and the Audio Technica MST7B. I want it as a CB alternative for night listenings. To those of you that have experienced both, which one do you feel have the better detail retrieval and...
  11. O

IEM equivalent of AKG K371

@Earfonia Thank you both for your very insightful answers. I have a 1More Quad Driver earphone and AKG k702 and HD6XX open headphones, and also ATH A900X (closed). So I’m looking for a complementary sound signature for my collection. the 1More Quad Drivers which sounds great but have a very...
  12. O

By the way. I’m also considering the AKG K553 Pro (closed back) for these same purposes
  13. O

oh Interesting. So you think the newer Midnight Yume have better detail retrieval than the Kato? There’s not much reviews yet for those so I had been holding up about them. I’ve read than for orchestral and soundtracks specially a single DD may be a better and more consistent and organic option.
  14. O

Oh yes. Funny you mention the Etys, because I just returned the ER4SR. I couldn’t handle the deep insertion, just too weird and uncomfortable and never could achieved a seal. So basically I’m back to square one and waiting my refund to order the K371 or the Katos.
  15. O

damn so not as comfortable as I imagined.
Top Bottom