Recent content by Osaddict

1. O

Digitising Vinyl, Audio Interface?

Sorry I think my comment was a bit misleading, all I was doing was drawing a parallel with using an expensive needle and using an expensive tune (i.e. You don't want to scratch it!) It almost stunts your mixing as you're afraid to handle it as you would a 'normal' record!
  2. O

I get this with some of my expensive tunes when I used to mix them, quite a while back mind, scary when I think some of them I got for 2-3 quid 18 years ago are into the triple figures in some cases!
  3. O

At the moment, that type of music isn't in my collection, but who knows what the future will bring! My collection does have some 'clean' tunes produced more recently, but plenty of muddy hardcore from 92 made in someone's bedroom on an Amiga and pressed a few day later on a white. Never going...
  4. O

Yeah, hence why I discounted it after realising. However, if I was in the market for an interface like that it give it serous consideration! Right now I'm thinking Behringer is the way to go, unless anyone has other suggestions around the same price point? I can't see anything else until you...
  5. O

Thanks once again for the replies. It's both interesting and helpful. Regarding the audient i4, I was close to getting it as many consider it a rival, and in some cases better than the 2i2! It also comes with tons of software (admittedly some I would not use I'm sure!)
  6. O

Thanks. I get that. I think I'm putting my economist hat on now and thinking of the law of diminishing returns.. If I am right.. On board sound + dirty vinyl = piss poor. Clean vinyl +10 Sound card like xfi-hd +10 Audio interface like behringer 202 +11 Audio interface like 2i2, 11.5 And then...
  7. O

Thank you. What does this mean? That there is some thd, but so low that in this application, it'd not be an issue?
  8. O

Thank you for the prompt replies everyone. I'm a little confused by some points though... If I am going out from my amplifier, surely I don't need anything else? Am I reading that your saying, yes, 2i2 is better than Behringer, specs wise, but that practically I'd not notice a difference...
  9. O

So with something like this, you'd just go line out onto the inputs on the front, set the gain as close as you can get using the dials.. Record with say audacity, or something similar, then do any post processing you need to? If so I guess what spec do I need to look for? I know with...
  10. O

Hey guys, I'd like to digitise some of my vinyl. I was going to simply purchase a phono to jack cable and run this onto my desktop pc... I then remembered last time I did this years ago in a different setup I purchased a dedicated internal sound card to achieve this, since on board sound sucks...
Top Bottom