Recent content by orv

1. O

Advice on bookshelf speakers with a particular set of space constraints.

Genelec and Neumann have great reputations but start at more than double the range they seem to be looking in price wise.
  2. O

Not much with a front facing port is going to fit, so port clearance issues are going to apply to a lot of candidates. I suppose they could add an inexpensive passive volume control between the receiver and a pair of powered speakers (like the Solupeak RC-11 reviewed here in June).
  3. O

I don't know if they are interested in used speakers. I should check with them tomorrow.
  4. O

It looks like the Adam T5V has separate level knobs on each speaker which would be kind of a pain for adjusting volume. The $300 powered Kanto YU with the 4" woofer was tested here and looks like it needs EQ which they wouldn't get from the radio tuner on the receiver.
  5. O

Unfortunately that looks to be about a quarter inch too wide. An Adam T5V might fit and Thomann has them for $300 a pair.
  6. O

I don't think they have objections to the idea of active speakers although they do like the looks of the receiver and would keep it for the tuner even if they went active. The receiver has a line out but not a pre-out so the active speakers would need to do the volume control. I should note...
  7. O

This website is where I learned about the Infinity r162s that I bought two years ago and am very happy with so I thought I would seek advice here. I am currently researching speakers for my sister and brother-in-law who asked for help because they are busier right now than I am. They have a...
Top Bottom