Recent content by orchardaudio

1. orchardaudio

GaN Systems Amplifier Eval Board Measurements

Yes switching frequency, also dead-time. You want to have as small a dead time as possible for best performance. One great thing about GaN fets is that the reverse recovery charge (Qrr) is zero (0). This eliminates a loss element completely that is present in non-GaN devices.
  2. orchardaudio

The design goal is not efficiency, that is secondary. The #1 design goal for all these modules is audio performance. Efficiency can be further improved at the sacrifice of audio performance. Here are some efficiency and dissipation numbers for my amp's power stage.
  3. orchardaudio

Full details and additional test results here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/starkrimson%C2%AE-ultra-amplifier-modules-250-500w-into-8-4ohm.23518/
  4. orchardaudio

Manufacturer eval boards are not meant to be used this way. They are designed to showcase the technology in this case particularly the efficiency of GaN Fets which this eval board achieves. It is always up the designers to tweak it and make it better for their purposes. These are mass...
  5. orchardaudio

My stuff has already been verified by 3rd party. AudioXpress here: https://audioxpress.com/article/fresh-from-the-bench-a-tale-of-two-class-d-amplifiers-orchard-audio-bosc-and-purifi-audio-eigentakt-eval1 Thanks @SIY
  6. orchardaudio

PecanPi® DAC, Streamer and USB - Rev 2.0

Here is the look of the new steel cases, with all connections on the back:
  7. orchardaudio

PecanPi® DAC, Streamer and USB - Rev 2.0

You asked I listened. PecanPi DAC cases that support Rpi 4 models are available to purchase at this link: Case Orchard Audio PecanPi® DAC | eBay Here is what they look like:
  8. orchardaudio

Ending the Windows Audio Quality Debate

I just saw this. Fantastic write up.
  9. orchardaudio

Starkrimson® Ultra Amplifier Modules -- 250/500W into 8/4ohm

This behavior as I see it comes from two sources. 1. Inductors (the larger inductors have slightly better frequency characteristics) 2. Feedback (ultra has higher gain and therefore more feedback) These two coupled together means that distortion does not increase as much as the frequency...
  10. orchardaudio

For those that have ordered bare boards, orders have started shipping. Be on the lookout for an email from shippo (goshippo.com) with your tracking information. For those that ordered completed modules orders will start shipping in about 2 to 3 weeks. For those interested the preorder is now...
  11. orchardaudio

Both amplifiers use my proprietary dual feedback modulator, the modulator is what mostly gives the amps the sound signature. So both amps will sound very much alike. I decided not to modify the modulator for the more powerful amps because the 150W ones got such rave reviews and now also received...
  12. orchardaudio

PecanPi - Next Generation Raspberry Pi DAC and Streamer

It is certainly doable, there is potential for issues depending on how the equipment is grounded internally.
  13. orchardaudio

PecanPi - Next Generation Raspberry Pi DAC and Streamer

All PecanPi Devices have the exact same measurements. The streamer does not have WiFi input only ethernet.
Top Bottom