Recent content by orchardaudio

1. orchardaudio

Starkrimson® Ultra Amplifier Modules -- 250/500W into 8/4ohm

Improved transient response. Yes 4 x 4700uF per module.
  2. orchardaudio

That is correct. Also the DAC outputs can optionally be routed to the outside, this way you can connect subwoofer or something else if you like.
  3. orchardaudio

Starkrimson® Stereo Ultra Integrated -- Coming Soon

Here is what a pre-production unit looks like, still working out the best way to route / cleanup the wires.
  4. orchardaudio

Pre-production Starkrimson Streamer Ultra unit with rail capacitor upgrade.
  5. orchardaudio

Class D amp long term reliability

This was a complete misunderstanding on my part then. Please send me an email. I will get the amp repaired right away at no cost. The amplifier shall survive being disconnected from AC power during operation. Many of my customers experience power outages all of the time which is essentially the...
  6. orchardaudio

Class D FAQ

I am going to reference this myself, great write-up.
  7. orchardaudio

Class D amp long term reliability

To elaborate in this particular case the speaker connections were disconnected while the amplifier was operating. It was not disconnected from the AC source. Disconnecting the amps from AC power source while they are operating will not damage them. Hence the amps will also not be damaged by...
  8. orchardaudio

A Starkrimson Stereo Ultra is on it's way to @SIY for testing. He previously measured the Starkrimson Mono amps, here is the link to that: https://audioxpress.com/article/fresh-from-the-bench-a-tale-of-two-class-d-amplifiers-orchard-audio-bosc-and-purifi-audio-eigentakt-eval1
  9. orchardaudio

Premium Audio Mini GaN 5 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

I just shipped him a stereo amp to do the measurements.
  10. orchardaudio

Premium Audio Mini GaN 5 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

The full article is here: https://audioxpress.com/article/fresh-from-the-bench-a-tale-of-two-class-d-amplifiers-orchard-audio-bosc-and-purifi-audio-eigentakt-eval1 He also just received my Starkrimson Ultra stereo amp and will be doing measurements on that.
  11. orchardaudio

DIY Streamer

There is no sleep mode for the DAC. The Rpi has many pins which are not used by the DAC. I am sure you can program one of them to do what you want. They are all 3.3V output, however.
  12. orchardaudio

DIY Streamer

There is no way to blindly power cycle the Rpi without potentially corrupting the software. So you can use a 12V trigger to turn it on only. You cannot use 12V trigger to turn it off unless you first go and do the shutdown in the settings menu. I suggest you use 12V trigger with a relay or...
  13. orchardaudio

DIY Streamer

It is fully controllable from SW. POT is not required. However note this is software volume control not the hardware one that I have Built-in. Both are digital though.
  14. orchardaudio

Free Starkrimson Mono Bare PCBs

Hello, I have some Starkrimson Mono Amp Module bare PCBs that I will give away for free, you just have to cover the cost of shipping. Please note that to receive the BOM for these boards you need to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA). Since I am giving these away for free, I request that...
  15. orchardaudio

DIY Streamer

Let me know if you have any questions.
Top Bottom