operation's latest activity

• O
    operation reacted to RDoc's post in the thread How good is a DSP? with Like Like.
    I agree, first play with REW and a calibrated mic using the tone controls you have. REW is great but there is a learning curve and just...
  • O
    operation reacted to Multicore's post in the thread How good is a DSP? with Like Like.
    You might end up with something like a Flex to integrate subs but you might not need it. Choose a subs with XLR in/out and perhaps with...
  • O
    operation reacted to OCA's post in the thread How good is a DSP? with Like Like.
    What's your source of music? If it's a PC of some sort, you don't need to pay for a DSP capable unit. Even a Rasperry Pi is multiple...
  • O
    operation reacted to Multicore's post in the thread How good is a DSP? with Like Like.
    I have a Flex and am very happy with it but this doesn't answer your question. You will also need a measurement microphone so you're...
  • O
    That's true but it doesn't have Dirac (which OP asked about) and with the Flex the eq applies to all our sources including the RPi...
  • O
    operation reacted to Keith_W's post in the thread How good is a DSP? with Like Like.
    Many people think that the most important aspect of DSP is the hardware. Not so! In order of importance, it is: (1) the user, (2)...
  • O
    Why not? You just answered that question: because it's a lot of money and you could spend that on subs.
  • O
    operation reacted to Absolute's post in the thread How good is a DSP? with Like Like.
    Is Dirac worth 1000€? No. Unless you plan to add subs with the additional outputs and need the flex for crossover duties, then there's...
  • O
    operation reacted to OCA's post in the thread How good is a DSP? with Like Like.
    That leaves Flex as your best option for simple DSP but you can always experience with speaker placement and the dip switches to improve...
  • O
    operation reacted to ZolaIII's post in the thread How good is a DSP? with Like Like.
    For beginners use Windows laptop or desktop paird with measurement microphone and REW with EQ-APO. That's enough for a simple 2.0 setup...
  • O
    Correct! That's how to answer OP's question. Do that and you'll be able to listen to the difference that room eq makes and then you can...
  • O
    operation reacted to terryforsythe's post in the thread How good is a DSP? with Like Like.
    I replaced an old Adcom pre-amp with a MiniDSP SHD, and it made a significant improvement in my system. One aspect of the improvement...
  • O
    operation replied to the thread How good is a DSP?.
    I will do just that. I will try first with my PC and see if there is a big difference. Thank you. However, I think in the end I will...
Top Bottom