Recent content by oog747

1. oog747

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

Bought A800 to test at home with 4 ohm (~100W nominal) speakers. Side-by-side comparing to Crown XLS-1502 and Marantz SR4023. I think A800 is capable as amp for mains at home. To me A800 has little more "air" than XLS1502 due to smoother highs. I can't tell the difference in highs with Marantz...
  2. oog747

DSD is it of any value

Kal, That is exactly as I was carefully trying to convey with my, as we now know, limited language abilities - it sounds better to me.
  3. oog747

DSD is it of any value

Learning is a king. Especially in ESL situation. Well, ETL situation :). Thank you.
  4. oog747

DSD is it of any value

Like the hole post. Have my own thoughts about why I like DSD, but question below: Would you be able to elaborate more on 5.1 issues with SACD comparing to other formats for educational purposes? Didn't compare much, but Roger Water's "Perfect Sense (Parts I and II)" on Sony promo SACD in...
  5. oog747

It looks to me, that Behringer is presenting A800 as more an "in-door/studio" device for monitoring and listening full range on a budget, than a "tank" to "scream loudly" outside over PA speakers. So that may assume wider range of more complex speakers being used for the purpose. Also Crown made...
  6. oog747

My use case is completely unprofessional, residential, with "full" range speakers. While switching between A800 and XLS1502 on a fly (I use 2 amps to 1 set of speakers switcher), I don't hear much difference, with small hint, that A800 is little smoother at high frequencies. It's in my head, but...
  7. oog747

Behringer A800

Thank you @IowAudio for providing @amirm with A800 for testing, resulting in very interesting review. And @Tangband for starting the thread :)
  8. oog747

My $.02 on volume controls on A800. I found myself using them more than expected on power amp for very slight adjustments of balance on sources like older concert DVDs, where I am sometimes finding it bit off as well as vinyl (where it's off more often). Usually those are left untreated for lack...
  9. oog747

Amir (@amirm), thank you very much for your review. Any thoughts on running A800 with lower impedance than spec'ed loads? Is it mostly limited in specs to 4 Ohm/8 Ohm bridged due to limited cooling solution or is it parts/design limitation? Behringer seems to be very vocal on "runs almost any...
  10. oog747

Behringer A800

While waiting for review, decided to try A800 and compare to XLS1502. Wondering about sensitivity of RCA inputs/input stage on A800. Matching output SPL from speakers with XLS1502 set for 1.4V requires to set A800 at 2 o'clock (picture). With 0.77V input sensitivity on XLS1502, it's 3 o'clock on...
  11. oog747

What electronic audio products you want tested most

What about AD converters (for decent but not too expensive digitizing of analog sources to hi-res)? Or one should just get Tascam DA-3000 and don't bother?
  12. oog747

Behringer A800

Behringer’s SmartSense Technology advertising includes freq response chart with 2 ohm response. Specs go down to 4 ohms only, but may be A800 can safely hold current with lower loads? So also may be can be bridged for 4 ohms as well at reasonable sustained input level?
  13. oog747

Behringer A800

Comparison to XLS 1502 from use with main speakers perspective, musicality, would be of high interest (currently testing XLS 1502 and comparing to Marantz SR4023 integrated). Also, can it be safely tested, if A800 runs bridged (for headroom/dynamic power) with 4 Ohm load and how parameters are...
Top Bottom