Recent content by onununo

1. O

What is your favorite house curve

I thought I was clear enough: I aligned the speakers by putting their acoustic centres at the same distance from the centre of my head in the listening position. Alignment can be done with delays in DSPs and positioning the speakers at any precision you want, even microseconds. However let me...
  2. O

Yes, true, but as you already noticed, in my case I'm dealing with a 3-way system, whose speakers are already time aligned in factory, plus a pair of subs. I am sitting precisely at the same distance from all the speakers, subs included. In addition, I have matched the phases at crossover...
  3. O

By equalizing speakers subjectively, we're always prone to fool ourselves. And we'll never have a proof that our settings are right. It's like pretending to be able to calibrate the colorimetry of a display to, say, +/- 3 deltaE without a colorimeter and without any reference whatsoever that we...
  4. O

It's just a matter of reproducing the overall tonal balance, not the "complete anechoic specification". Just the tonal balance, regardless of jaggyness of the FR due to the interaction of the direct field with the reflected field in the room. The right overall slope of the FR, i.e. the right...
  5. O

Yes, this is what I am more keen to believe. It must know the speakers extremely well, and know how to deal with the 7 measurements it requires you to perform at precise spatial displacements. Specifically, it must know very well how to deal with that beast called phase. :cool:
  6. O

Hi @dualazmak, I already noticed yesterday, as I was re-reading the whole thread, that you made a lot of work. Tried to follow what you made, but couldn't understand it. Being lazy on vacation, I quickly jumped to the conclusion that you made a measurement of your (plenty!) speakers' time of...
  7. O

Good point. No, but when I'll get back home after my vacations, I plan to try mimic with REW the FR I get from MA-1 and see if I can get somewhere. If I don't remember wrong, I tried already to do it once, but the results were not as good. It's true however, that Equalizer APO is not a minimal...
  8. O

Yeah but regardless, the questions remains: 1) why in a poorly treated room and without equalization, the monitors sound so dark compared to a reasonably decent pair of hi-fi speakers, and 2) why couldn't I achieve with REW and EqualizerAPO a result at least comparable to what I got effortlessly...
  9. O

I find it odd that the tonal balance of my plain KH310 monitors is rather "dark" in my rather reflecting room, being it opposed to the rather "bright" tonal balance that my hi fi speakers (to name them: sonus faber concertino and elac adante) instead express. Taken for granted that the neumanns...
  10. O

Neumann's KH750 and AES3 PC interface

Oh dear! Thanks!!! I didn't know that!! I'll give it a try, then, even though I am afraid my conclusions will be very similar to those of Tom C. In fact I hadn't thought about it, but true, it's quite likely loud pops will be produced each time there's a change of bitrate. Nevertheless, since I...
  11. O

Neumann's KH750 and AES3 PC interface

I'm presently feeding my Neumann KH750 + KH310A combo via analog XLR connection from a RME DAC, but I wonder if I could get better sound by connecting the subs digitally to the PC using an AES3 PC interface, that would allow me to cut out the RME DAC and the ADC inside the KH750 from the audio...
  12. O

Neumann KH 150+kh750 2.1 vs Neumann KH310?

I haven't tried KH150s, but I can tell you that I'm very happy of my main system in signature. I suggest you go for 2 KH750 to match the SPL of the main speakers with decent THD, and absolutely, get also MA-1 to eq the system. Additional advice: a 2.1 system (2.2 in this case) designed in...
  13. O

Elac Adante AS-61 Speaker Review

Let me also resurrect this thread, as I happen to own a pair for long time now (2 years?) so I think I know them well enough to say what I honestly think of them. What best describes these speakers is that they are all about accuracy of transient reproduction. If properly driven (because they...
  14. O

Hi folks, I'm getting mad trying to find a house curve for my system that I can call "definitive", i.e. works well with most of the contents from old 70's rock to the most recent rap, through classical music and even movies. My system is composed of a pair of Neumann's studio monitors KH310, and...
Top Bottom