Recent content by ONT101

1. O

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Sorry though he was upgrading a Magni 3+
  2. O

All this talk about putting a $100 + volpot in a $99 amp ??? IMHO it is better to spend another $99 and get the Asgard 3...AND it has a better volpot :)
  3. O

It would be interesting to measure pink noise on a really flat speaker and see the difference, i can also feel the vibration difference on a table at high (but same) speaker output lvl :) (And yes I am only switching the amps, cables and everything to and from is the same)
  4. O

True but I'v tested multiple headphones HD 58X , HD 280, HE-4XX and Snell E type III speakers with a Primare A30.2 power amp at different listening lvl with the same impression. Using a Meridian DAC The Hearasy always come out leaner in the 60 - 120 Hz and sounds a bit brighter over 10 000 Hz
  5. O

This is really strange...to my ears there is a bump on 3+ or a dip on Heresy from 60 hz to 120 hz. Not sure witch is closer to flat, my guess would be 3+. Both sound fantastic, just different.
  6. O

Hi small update on IEM :) Blon BL03 sounds best on Heresy the TFZ T2 Galaxy sounds better on the 3+ To my ears the high gain sounds better than low gain on both amps :) Hope it helps :)
  7. O

Hi, got both the Magni 3+ and the Magni Heresy. Totally non scientific review :) Tidal with hardware MQA decoding, Meridian DAC and Amazon Ultra HD streaming and some DSD and FLAC files. Headphones the HD 58X and the HE-4XX. The 3+ sounds warmer (tube) and the Heresy is much tighter but...
Top Bottom