Recent content by oluvsgadgets

1. oluvsgadgets

Why do Harman and Sonarworks sound so different?

Thiele’s diffuse field is even more bullshit, and using purely measurements for defining a target is the most stupid approach IMO. I sometimes wonder if those “scientists” even listen to their own “creations”.
  2. oluvsgadgets

IEMs equalized to Harman IE target sound total different from AKG K371 ,or any other over the ears Headphones EQ to Harman OE target.

You need to know your ear canal resonance occurring with the affected unit and trying to recreate that response with your measuring device. But there may be offsets in the response depending on the coupler thus the measured response still won’t correspond to your perceived response. I often...
  3. oluvsgadgets

Finding IEM EQ target that resemble the Sennheiser HD600 tonality .

This is my final IEM target which represents "neutral" as good as possible. It sounds smoother than the HD600, etc, as upper mids and treble were tuned towards neutral speakers standing in front, no overear I know renders them correctly. I had to create an own EQ for the HD600 which I used as...
  4. oluvsgadgets

Finding IEM EQ target that resemble the Sennheiser HD600 tonality .

actually a dip around 8-10khz is normal with an average HRTF with the sound coming from front. A peak in this region is not normal. The IE800S has a very weird sound, I wonder how this can sound natural to you.
  5. oluvsgadgets

IEMs equalized to Harman IE target sound total different from AKG K371 ,or any other over the ears Headphones EQ to Harman OE target.

This sounds to me like: “sorry officer my Tachymeter isn’t as precise in the 80-120km/h range thus I was not even aware I drove more than 100 in an urban area…” If you cannot measure it precisely or if the measured result does not represent the perceived result, these measurements are worthless!
  6. oluvsgadgets

you are all aware that an IEM measurement with a standard coupler resonance of 8khz will not represent the sound you perceve in any way, depending on your ear canal length and the resonance you are getting? this is something which is not talked about in any paper, but actually all these...
  7. oluvsgadgets

MASSDROP X Focal ELEX Review (headphone)

I only had a short listen to the Clear and it sounded like a muffled Elex to me, overall similar but simply lacking that sparkle, the Utopia on the other hand sounded like a smoother Elex, still very similar but a tad rounder. Although the Utopia also had an additional peak at 6khz which is not...
  8. oluvsgadgets

Why would one want it to become the Clear if the Elex sounds like a Utopia?
  9. oluvsgadgets

HBK Headphone Measurement Talks from Head-Fi and Sean Olive

the peak is visible in the other measurement posted by Mr. Olive. Could be my ear too who knows, but HD600, DT770 etc sound all normal to me, comform well with others' measurements when measured with my ears.
  10. oluvsgadgets

HBK Headphone Measurement Talks from Head-Fi and Sean Olive

Here is my quick measurement of the Stealth, done with my own ears, by just playing pink noise target is Optimum Hifi, and I get a heavy 9khz peak. This is averaged over 11 different positions for the Stealth, also averaged for left and right. for comparison the Focal Elex (green) and Utopia...
  11. oluvsgadgets

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Wow, finally a highend headphone I would really like to try out, after all the other “highend” priced stuff from Meze etc I heard recently. Cannot afford one though.
  12. oluvsgadgets

of course as you could also see in my video, I had them both taken apart, there was no visible issue, all wires were soldered perfectly, but the affected driver was just dead. Interestingly combining 2 drivers from 2 different units resulted in some imbalance again which I could somehow improve...
  13. oluvsgadgets

for 1 year I was the happiest owner, my very first unit was close to perfect also very consistent with left and right, and then suddenly I put it on and the right side remained mute. the day before everything was fine. As I liked it so much I begged my Drop contact to send me at least a unit...
  14. oluvsgadgets

Let me add my 2 cents. My first Elex unit broke after less than 1 year, on side suddenly failed from one moment to the other and I never really listen at high levels I never had the driver clip and never heard the issue. I got 4 replacement units since then and the 2nd one also broke within 2...
Top Bottom