Recent content by Olli

1. Olli

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

This one is missing in the Master review index, @amirm
  2. Olli

JBL Synthesis SCL-6 In-Wall Speaker Review (by Erin)

Erin, great review. Since you have also reviewed the Revel 553L - is that a good mix and match? I have a SCL-3 as center and want to get SCL-6‘s as LR. I am wondering now if it is worth getting SCL-7s (or even SCL-6s as well) as Surrounds. My Back surrounds are 705is. The 553L would be a...
  3. Olli

Revel C783 In-Ceiling Speaker Review

Has anyone tried to mount them with a custom build enclosure like a proper Auro 3D/Atmos speaker? I am thinking about taking them out of the ceiling and putting them into a DIY enclosure with a more correct angle behind a perforated/sound transparent movie screen.
  4. Olli

Trinnov Altitude / JBL SDP-75

Lates firmware update now with Pre-Ringing Reduction
  5. Olli

Rythmik Audio shipping overseas - chances?

I think it was like 280 USD per Sub for the F18 in 2019, but it was pre covid. Shipping cost has gone up quite a bit since then. Just write to them and get a quote. Not sure if they do it still but they did ship internationally.
  6. Olli

Rythmik Audio shipping overseas - chances?

I have bought 8 Rythmik Subs since 2019, 6 F/M 8 and 2 F18. I got them shipped to Germany at reasonable rates. One F8 became defective; they‘ve checked with me what was the most likely part to get replaced, sent it over (just paid customs) and told me how to replace it. I am absolutely no DIY‘er...
  7. Olli

Subwoofer Selection Criteria

you don‘t need bulit in dsp if you have dirac in your avr. i would rather get a SVS or if you‘re in the US a rythmik https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rythmik-l12-subwoofer-review.12140/
  8. Olli

FS: KEF R3 walnut (pair)

Bought in December 2020, mint. Incl Original packaging. It was supposed to be my office setup, but then Corona came. Probably less than 100 hrs in use. Asking price 1.050 EUR. Based in Germany, shipping around 40,- EUR in Europe, please refer to DHL for precise shipping cost.
  9. Olli

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

And 4 balanced outputs on the back if I understand correctly. That's nice. Currently if you want to use 4 DAC Channels you'll have to use the hedphone PH 3/4 output which is unbalanced, i.e. if you want to run a 4 channel 2.2 setup.
  10. Olli

Sigberg Audio: Building a "design" subwoofer that actually sounds good

Sub arrived. Customs with DHL was a bit of a hassle - but the difference vs the „cheap“ wireless Teufel T4000 sub is dramatic. Built quality is excellent and FR was very good even before dialing it in with Audiolense. It now sounds much closer to my other sub setups, but certainly you cannot...
  11. Olli

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Hi folks, 2 quick questions to those of you who own or have designed (@JohnYang1997 - :)) the Topping E50: I want to extend my 4 Channel RME Adi 2 Pro with to more balanced outputs. Do I need to power on the unit by pressing a button or does it turn on once it gets powered via AC Mains? Does...
  12. Olli

DSP vs speaker measurement

If you're tempted to get the MiniDSP SHD: The best would be to buy good speakers AND sub(s) AND use DSP. In my experience adding subs to a system combined with DSP has been the most rewarding investment by far. 30% of the perceived Sound quality is bass performance according to Science. That's...
  13. Olli

Sigberg Audio: Building a "design" subwoofer that actually sounds good

That thing just looks too cool. I bought a budget Teufel T 4000 Flat Sub last week for my home office to go under my bed. It‘s been unfortunately disappointing in comparison to my other subs (JL E112, Rythmik F8 & F 18), despite proper DSP integration with Audiolense. So I just couldn’t resist...
  14. Olli

REW measurement of FIR filters in Roon's convolution engine

You can have different filters per endpoint. And it will remember the device specific filter when you switch the endpoint.
  15. Olli

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

h Exactly. Sub (4) MGMT is not good in my case w/ Trinnov. Ok when using MSO on top. Perfect with SOTA DSP software like Audiolense. See REW measurements in the aforementioned thread.
Top Bottom