Recent content by olinko

1. O

WolfX700 Measurement of SMSL M300 MkII Edition

Almost two years of use of this DAC and I don't see myself buying another DAC anytime soon - if ever. I only wish it had a S/PDIF out, but that's really nitpicking :)
  2. O

(Another) question about pass-through - active speakers edition

Yeah that would be the best option, but unfortunately my laptop doesn't have a spdif out
  3. O

When running the spdif out of the M11 into the coaxial in of the speakers, 24/192 files do play but they start to stutter pretty quickly, I haven't tried playing with that because I didn't want to push the speakers. But generally, with the way I described it, there's nothing I'm overlooking? A...
  4. O

Hi, I'm looking for confirmation from people who actually know something about the topic so help :) So: I have the (very much wonderful and brilliant) HiVi Swans D300 active speakers. These have (among others) optical and coaxial inputs. As the speakers use DSP, my goal is to keep the chain...
  5. O

Optimal sound path for TV's optical out?

I'm jumping in here a bit because I was trying to find more info on the LG CX's optical out and I found this. Do you know what the sample rates are for the optical out, is it fixed or does it change depending on the source signal? I have the CX connected to my laptop via HDMI and the TV's...
  6. O

You didn't mention that part, but I guess you know that the M300 doesn't support MQA? (or maybe I don't know how Tidal works, don't have it personally)
  7. O

Can't speak to the bluetooth feature because I haven't used it once. But as for the sound colors, I personally don't hear a difference (and won't even try pretending otherwise :D ) The only thing I do hear is the difference between the narrow and wide DSD filter; the latter being somewhat...
  8. O

Personally I don't hear any difference between the PCM filters
  9. O

I've only had it -- in active use -- for a couple weeks coupled with the SP200 and I absolutely love it. The only popping that occurs is whenever I change songs when listen to DSD using WASAPI settings in foobar, but I'd bet it doesn't have anything to do with the DAC itself
  10. O

I could be wrong, of course, but on certain releases the wide filter sounds like the instruments get separated much more than what's in the mastering, and the left and right channel sound completely disconnected because of it (it was most evident to me on the Audio Fidelity SACD of Nina Simone's...
  11. O

No idea, it can only be enabled or disabled and I can't hear a difference to be honest In fact, the only filter I could make out is the DSD narrow vs wide filter, the rest is just too subtle for my ears
  12. O

I feel like an idiot hahaha This is one amazing DAC. But probably it's the SP200 that's blowing my mind. Simply wow
  13. O

Also, the remote isn't responding no matter how many batteries I swap?? :(
  14. O

Can anyone tell me is it a good idea to completely disable my on-board soundcard before plugging in the M300? I kinda wanna try the whole maxed-out volume on the amp thing and controlling the signal on the DAC alone, but I'm scared of my soundcard taking over and just randomly blasting windows...
  15. O

2019 CES Asia ---SMSL will bring new product there

I'm also more of a fan of SMSL. The SU-8 was amazing IMO. All that was missing was a volume knob
Top Bottom