Recent content by ol_mcdonald

1. ol_mcdonald

Extreme Snake Oil

Makes me think of my dad. Used a penny several times, then one day I noticed he had replaced one of the bus fuses with a piece of 3/8" copper tubing flattened on the ends.
  2. ol_mcdonald

Extreme Snake Oil

I’ll just leave this here… https://upscaleaudio.com/products/sbooster-botw-p-p-eco-mkii-power-supply?variant=42051189604536&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4vKpBhCZARIsAOKHoWQUVXGNAWcAu5Ds7semQltd0fk7faAEjZp0HnjdYZEnkvpK38CszWsaAq7OEALw_wcB
  3. ol_mcdonald

New Volumio Rivo

So my protestations have struck a nerve. After requesting and being granted a refund, Volumio leveraged their position with conditions, by stipulating I absorb return freight to Italy, and AFTER they receive the unit and I remove any comments they deemed objectionable they would refund my...
  4. ol_mcdonald

New Volumio Rivo

I have one gently used for sale. PM if interested.
  5. ol_mcdonald

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

"Topping Professional" has only one product...
  6. ol_mcdonald

TP RA3 Rackmount Amplifier Review

Their “Pro” amp is lacking speakON output terminals.
  7. ol_mcdonald

Topping RD3 TP Balanced DAC Review

Wow, this makes me feel pretty good about my mediocre rack setup.
  8. ol_mcdonald

Can you speak to the preamp section/volume control for those of us who use their DAC as preamp? I currently use a Topping D90 SE that works very well in this role.
  9. ol_mcdonald

I had SAE too….I like the rack mount-ability, cause I still have a rack and built it into my room in our new home.
  10. ol_mcdonald

I’m right there with you. All my equipment is in a rack (cut the ears off..) and I love this idea. I too have a D90SE and I built a rack mount solution for my DAC, Volumio Rivo and my one snake oil purchase…a linear power supply. My only hope is they stick to the EIA rack standard screw...
  11. ol_mcdonald

Tidal without MQA

Just one more stupid question before this thread gets shut down….where did all the new “Hi-Res” files come from all of a sudden. Were they upsampled, or honest to goodness 24/192 files? Just seems as odd as MQA that seemingly overnight they appear. Asking for a friend…
  12. ol_mcdonald

Streamer vs Computer

FWIW, I'm 66 and want things simple, I get around, but not into a lot of dinking around with a computer to make things work. I'm currently using a Volumio Rivo streamer that I thought would be a good solution to carrying my laptop back and forth. I was excited to get it, ordered as soon as it...
  13. ol_mcdonald

SMSL SD-9 Player Review

I use Volumio Rivo, previous to that a MacBook Pro and Audirvana which worked quite well, other than having to drag my laptop back and forth from my bedroom to my listening room. Rivo is installed in a rack and a permanent member now, despite some minor issues. Rivo also has a remote/app I run...
  14. ol_mcdonald

Newby here with some question( EverSolo DAC Z6/Z8)

I expected with a name like that it was coming from Shenzen audio. Well, at least you can buy it on Amazon, may have it in something short of a month like it would be if ordered from Shenzen Audio. I’ve had several Topping DAC’s and every time there is pathetic tracking and customer service if...
Top Bottom