Recent content by OK1

1. O

Headphone Listening with Acustica Audio's Sienna

What I would suggest, is - tweak frequency response to taste, using the knowledge of the FR, from Amir, as well as your own listening preferences. In addition, I definitely have found using a crossfeed plugin to counter the extreme left right separation, that headphones introduce to our...
  2. O

Morphit "knows" the original frequency response of the headphones in its supported list, and yours is one. Excellent. There are three kinds of correction in Morphit. 1. Correct, which is the default (after you have selected your headphone model) : 2. Simulate : Here you can choose...
  3. O

PART 3 So in your current setup, you are using Canopener as the plugin which provides the crossfeed feature. I would suggest you try Morphit and Canopener together, it should not matter the order in which you place them, but that should not be a difficult thing to change and compare. Or try...
  4. O

Part 2 Different freeware and commercial products attempt to cover one or more of these simulation opportunities, of course in varying degrees of success, and any evaluation by listeners will end up being subjective, cos there is no way to really know what the other person is hearing...
  5. O

Part 1 Since I initiated this thread, regrettably things changed somewhat for me, and my preferred configuration was modified about two months ago, to one which I am unlikely to change for a while, which I will explain below. 1. FREQUENCY FLATTENING So many of us are in the journey to...
  6. O

Hello Keith, this is a quick response so you know I have read your enquiry. Please give me a day or two, so I can provide a comprehensive response. Maybe earlier. but definitely no later than the end of this week.
  7. O

Step Response: Does It Really Matter?

Aha interesting. I am somewhat familiar with the evolution of the HEDD speakers, who have since gone on to, in more recent times, incorporate the linearizer DSP, in firmware, in the version 2 of their studio monitors (aka Mk 2). Sent them an information request to find out if this could be...
  8. O

Step Response: Does It Really Matter?

Which German DSP based speaker would this be?
  9. O

DRC - Digital Room Correction - Time Alignment? Is this a bleeding edge technology solution looking for a problem (and profit for its evangelists)?

Thanks ever so much. It was an outstanding read. Just what I needed. Opinions by at least three of the leading lights in the field, Dr Floyd Toole, Dr. Wolfgang Klippel, and Andrew Jones, names which I am familiar with, whose contributions to audio reproduction, and measurement, are about as...
  10. O

DRC - Digital Room Correction - Time Alignment? Is this a bleeding edge technology solution looking for a problem (and profit for its evangelists)?

Unless I am totally mistaken, my recall, and anyone can independently verify, by listening to the video again, the DSP expert was talking about aligning the time arrival of audio, at the listening position. Absolutely concur with you, I expect time alignment of drivers in the speaker should be...
  11. O

Thanks. A lot of the value of forums like audiosciencereview and associated youtube channels, and many other fact and logic based meeting places on the web, is simply the value of making us think about what we are doing, hearing and investing, and asking the questions why? If there is a reason...
  12. O

Over the last week, I've rekindled an interest in DRC, purely as a further exploration, to see what the current state of play is. Making an effort to modify the frequency response, i.e amplitude of frequencies, to meet a target curve, with a threshold, I have no issues with this aspect of...
  13. O

RCF AYRA PRO5 Review (Powered Monitor)

I own one - an Alto TS 310 - I sit with ears about 5 feet away from the tweeter, when I practice on my stage piano, in a quiet lounge at home, and every time I switch it on, I wince at the noise. Can imagine that in a live scenario where I'd be at least 6 feet from the speaker, with the higher...
  14. O

Does Phase Distortion/Shift Matter in Audio? (no*)

Ok if phase is not something we should bother about, and I accept that this may be so, is there then any value in aiming to time align the arrival of bass and high frequencies, in the DRC (Digital Room Correction) process, using whatever methods are relevant? Thinking that the difference in...
Top Bottom