Recent content by OK1

1. O

Hidizs S9 PRO Measurements (DAC Dongle)

Have you been able to re-measure after the firmware update?
  2. O

Thomann/Swissonic A306 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Definitely think so. 1. Compared to many years ago, we now have a lot more information, on speakers, to aid with a purchase decision. 2. DSP has contributed to lowering the cost of speakers, to achieve what would otherwise have needed expensive physical/electronic engineering as you would find...
  3. O

I'm thinking of another angle to this. From Thomann's side, it's about profit. While it's nice to get great sales from the A306, there is the question of margins.. It could be that the A306 could cannibalize their sales of other monitors with possibly higher margins. But what do I know. A...
  4. O

Thomann Swissonic A305 measurements by Erin

I am actually more interested in the 8 inch woofer speakers, and especially the 3 ways. Thinking this might just be the Hi-Fi foundation for music listening for the family lounge which I have been postponing for over a decade, at the very least, it would be nice to give audio from the TV, when...
  5. O

The other challenge I have with the Swissonic speakers, which make me hesitate a bit, is : Reliability - I purchased a pair of Alesis M1 Mk2's in 2002 and they are still working 100% - they may not be the best sounding speakers, but I've shipped them across to an African country, and back again...
  6. O

I was listening to the Floyd Toole interview by Erin on Youtube, on Xmas day, and he said, unless one compares speakers in the same manner, its not possible to predict how each will sound, in comparison. Nevertheless, one can make some predictions. I assume your speakers are the Wharfedale...
  7. O

Thank you. This makes sense. I am comforted, and remain hopeful. We are in a golden age, with much more independent reviews.
  8. O

I am a bit upset. Why? I can understand that USB DAC dongles, or IEM's which were given very good appraisals a year or two ago, may be discontinued in the fast paced world of ChiFi. But that is a consumer driven market. To discover that a speaker product targeted at project and professional...
  9. O

My dongle search rabbit hole

I've gone back to the video by Julian Krause on Youtube, and frequency response is pretty much the same between the Apple and Samsung dongles. When I have made more effort to volume match the two dongles, I think my previous observation is consistent with Julian's measurements where the Samsung...
  10. O

With headphone based listening, it will take a lot of effort to be accurate with level matching, cos that needs me to acquire a tool to measure this perfectly. And considering the small size of my current headphones - they are earbuds - really small, and the volume coming out of them is so low...
  11. O

I once thought - the most important element should be the transducers - i.e microphones or speakers/headphones, because in theory, they are supposed to be the devices with the most distortion, and where one should place the most effort, in getting the most linear translation from electrical...
  12. O

Yeah it took almost a week after I paid the customs duties and the item had not yet been delivered, and then I got up and visited the Post Office. Apparently some glitch in their computer systems, had not allowed my payment to be properly processed. At my insistence that I had paid, they went...
  13. O

Apple dongle - US version, arrives sometime next week. I paid $9 on the Apple US web site, and the customs duty/handling charge is £15.98 (approx £16), i,e this cost me about £25, not including the cost of postage, and also a delay of about three weeks, from purchase to anticipated delivery...
Top Bottom