Recent content by odyo

1. odyo

ifi Zen CAN Review (Headphone Amp)

I'm not a subjectivist guy but casually switching cables (from 4.4mm bal to 6.3 single ended) i noticed a change in sound with my arya stealth. I wonder why this happened. Bal sound more spacious, precise and separated. Feels like more treble coming out the set the stage cues. SE sounds more...
  2. odyo

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

I'm a pro EQ guy but i think Arya SE is just better stock except some boost to bass for fun. Although it depends on genre too. Modern popular music can sound too bright. Wide Q around upper mids/lower treble will help that. Narrow Q is pointless because dips/peaks shift a lot. I don't like...
  3. odyo

FiiO K7

That is 4W at 1% for 32 ohm.
  4. odyo

FiiO K7

This is more like a cutdown K9 pro. Looks impressive at it's price point.
  5. odyo

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

Yeah it definitely has plenty of bass and great extension with no worry of breaking the seal with hair or glasses.
  6. odyo

FiiO K7

I'm interested in this. Really a solid product if the $199 price tag is true. In L7's measurements it seems to have much more power than the advertised specs. Reaches 4W at 32 ohm 1% THD, advertised spec is 2W 32ohm 1%. Fiio representative says: That's because the parameter in our website...
  7. odyo

SMSL M500 MKIII DAC & Amp Review

Very ugly, very expensive, very poor amp. This is just excessively clean overpriced dac.
  8. odyo

Pink Noise sounds boomy with Harman tuned headphones.

I hope we will see newer harman standard with better measurement gear and maybe less smoothed target if possible.
  9. odyo

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

6db is the lowest gain with BAL out. I will switch to SE out 0db gain but i will still use negative preamp because it's still loud for my taste. I know nothing about passive attenuators although i can use variable output mode of the zen dac to feed zen can with a weaker signal but i don't know...
  10. odyo

So as long as there is no hissing coming from amp, it has no negative effect am i right ? Now my problem is that my amp too loud at lowest volume and there is an imbalance at lower volumes so i wanna use the higher/better knob position without blasting my ears. It's Arya SE with Zen Can. 6db...
  11. odyo

Is there any downside to using a negative pre amp via EQ APO ? I think the only downside is the noise coming from louder gain/knob position. Am i right ? @solderdude What negative pre amp does technically ? Decrease the loudness in digital domain but can it harm dynamic range ?
  12. odyo

What are we listening to right now..

Literally breathtaking with stock Arya SE:
  13. odyo

Pink Noise sounds boomy with Harman tuned headphones.

Afaik, harman bass is elevated to compensate lack of bass impact on headphones. With speakers, you feel the bass with your whole body. Headphones are limited to your ear/head. So harman bass is generous to overcome this. I like harman bass with music types that rely on sub bass like Lorn's...
  14. odyo

Yulong Aquila II DAC and Headphone Amp Review

This combo unit looks really good. Is there any competition to this unit around this price range ? I don't agree with Amir's subjective remarks. Also not measuring the balanced 32 ohm power output is not fair i feel. ES9038PRO dac 32 ohm: 4w, 64 ohm: 3w, 300 ohm: 750mW. Nice design, outputs...
  15. odyo

How do you hear headphone 'soundstage'

I tried it. The headphone is Arya SE. +10db here made a more subtle difference than -30db. It overall sounded just brighter and a bit more in front and distant(like echo forward). I like the effect of -30db. It's like treble shifting from my eyebrow to the sides of my neck.
Top Bottom