ocinn's latest activity

• ocinn
    Well this is just further proof that the DAC problem is solved. Every few weeks we get a cheaper and cheaper product, which manages...
  • ocinn
    ocinn replied to the thread PK Sound steerable sound arrays.
    Hi, pro live sound guy here. The PK stuff is a "solution" to a problem which doesn't really exist in the real world. Array splay...
    • IMG_3690.JPG
  • ocinn
    Essentially the same gain (0.64db more on the Fosi). Must be something else. 3E has much better load dependency, multitone, two tone...
  • ocinn
    ocinn replied to the thread Questions about AoE.
    I use generic XLR to Ethernet boxes to send 2in 2out AES3 (pro version of spdif coax, like rca vs XLR) streams over 100ft cat5 passively...
  • ocinn
    Amazing, however still handily beat by the 3E audio boards as measured. Wonder what the 3E guys know that fosi does not yet.
  • ocinn
    ocinn replied to the thread PA DSP Options Mixer Vs DBX PA2.
    If it doesn’t obscure sight lines (I.e if the “stage” is elevated, so the stacked subs wouldn't block the view of the...
    • MixCollage-27-Mar-2024-11-25-PM-9168.jpg
    • MixCollage-27-Mar-2024-11-52-PM-7629.jpg
  • ocinn
    You shouldn’t do cardioid with only two subwoofers. You want a 2:1 (3 boxes) or 3:1 (4 boxes) ratio of forward:cardioid. Any less and...
    • MixCollage-27-Mar-2024-03-41-AM-5617.jpg
  • ocinn
    Sorry, I should have been more clear, I consider the subs and the mains to be the "basic LR pair” since the QSCs include...
  • ocinn
    Hi, Live Systems Engineer here, If you are only deploying a basic full-range LR pair, the mixer will be fine, as all you need is a a...
    • MixCollage-25-Mar-2024-03-43-AM-6997.jpg
    • IMG_4039.jpeg
  • ocinn
    Example: if you are 90deg out of phase at the acoustic crossover point, inverting phase will make no difference (now you are -90)...
    • Screenshot 2024-03-15 021123.png
  • ocinn
    I know nothing about products like these, but I have to assume that any filler/paint over the front surface will seriously affect the...
  • ocinn
    ocinn replied to the thread AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review.
    Low passed subwoofer outputs are completely pointless considering every powered subwoofer already includes a low-pass. I wish these...
  • ocinn
    Would appreciate a photo input and analog line input measurements performed in the future on products like these. Obviously this one...
  • ocinn
    ocinn replied to the thread Alcons?.
    In live sound, which is their main scope, and also in high output pro studio use (as mid/far-field monitors), yes absolutely. In my...
    • IMG_3484.jpeg
  • ocinn
    Damn this is really embarrassing for me. :facepalm: When I was a little kid my parents stopped doing Easter with me because I would...
Top Bottom