Recent content by Obiwan007

1. O

Hypex DIY Preamplifier Kit Review

For this kind of money they should add some more options to choose from. DAC is a nice to have but not very important as you can get a good DAC rather cheap. If the input configuration is good enough (with more inputs) this would help. I really like the emotiva approach where they use relays to...
  2. O

Hypex DIY Preamplifier Kit Review

I hope they bring some board for HT pass through. I need 2.1 input with sub pass through. The sub could be then connected to the XLR - maybe add another cinch for it. Unfortunately there are not many pre amps available that offer some kind of HT input section (with direct out and sub support). I...
  3. O

Recommended DAC for AVR+nCore Amp with Subwoofer support?

Not sure about Cambridge Audio. The last Amp review here was a total desaster regarding to the result... Way worse than the usual AV Receiver... Maybe sometime the Evo gets a test here too. I also heard a Naim and Rotel (in the 1200€ class). The Naim only gets a sub-out if you buy the middle...
  4. O

Felston DD740 Review (Digital Audio Delay)

Most AVR have an option to correct the delays aka lipsync. My old Denon AVR-X4400 can do it. With a video buffering option this would be probably way more expensive...
  5. O

As I'm from Germany - Schiit is not really available here I think. Many Preamps have a pre-in/AV-in (like the Naim XS3) so the volume setting is controlled via the source (AVR). Hm, if I look at the list here - the Toppings 90SE looks like one of the best choices here. I would like a streaming...
  6. O

Hi, I'm currently using a Denon AVR X4400 - but trying to improve a bit on the stereo part. I looking into a boXem nCore stereo amp - but these only have one XLR input (which could be used hopefully also with the pre-out of the AVR. I like to use the AVR mainly for home cinema. Currently the...
Top Bottom