Recent content by nyxnyxnyx

1. nyxnyxnyx

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

If you truly drop your bias about price, brand name and aesthetic, this is a great product and it's hard to debate differently.
  2. nyxnyxnyx

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

this is pretty great price for a tube amp if all functionalities work as intended and the build quality is ok. I once had some headphones tube amplifiers for around this money or even a few times more, and even though the power was quite inadequate, it didn't sound bad to the typical...
  3. nyxnyxnyx

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I bought and still have some affordable to "mid-fi" IEMs but I can't lie that ever since the days of Tin T2 (or even before that?) I keep seeing more and more IEMs that sound good (to my ears) yet keep getting cheaper and even come with better build quality. At first I still wanted the more...
  4. nyxnyxnyx

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

on a side note, does anyone know when was this headphones released? I've been fooling around with audio since 2018 or a little later, and even around that time I already heard about this and HE6. I'm curious if our forum measured any headphones from around that period, that measures...
  5. nyxnyxnyx

I think audio reviews with both measurements and subjective experience(s) are more thoughtful and objective than the usual reviews (which might be lacking methods, consistencies, self-consciousness, etc...). But I do think that for headphones, which has been described as "wild west" and...
  6. nyxnyxnyx

yes the price of this particular product is indeed a problem, for this mediocrity objective performance. but some people here are too focused on prices even if a product measures great, the most recent example I can think of is that Weiss DAC. most people voted it poor even though the...
  7. nyxnyxnyx

From a guy that's been on both sides of audio spectrum (purely audiophile / purely scientific) this is what I think: -With headfi, other audiophile sites etc.... they mostly evaluate something with their own experience, so if they think its good they'll say so. The problem is the verdicts vary...
  8. nyxnyxnyx

Fair point. For this price and/or this level of prestige, I hoped that it was truly a technical marvel and a wonderful listening experience.
  9. nyxnyxnyx

What did I ever apologize or advertise for? You wanna talk proof? Then for starter, how about the numerous times Amir measured a product that has poor specs YET his impression is still positive, or at the very least not as bad as what the measurement shown? Besides if we're talking performance...
  10. nyxnyxnyx

That is the less charming part around here. A (small?) portion of members are somewhat obsessed with price/performance ratio or the highest SINAD along with other metrics. Not only that some of them are also heavy on criticizing products and making fun of audiophiles despite knowing barely...
  11. nyxnyxnyx

Bluesound Powernode Streaming Amplifier Review

It's quite expensive and for the money there are indeed options with better performance. Alas, this one could also be a decorate piece and the size is compact enough. Measurement matches the specifications from the company and I can respect that.
  12. nyxnyxnyx

Creative Sound Blaster X5 Interface Review

This is surprisingly decent given the usability an average user can have with this device, and the brand name itself (Sound Blaster doesn't have a good rep when it comes to Hi-Fi performance).
  13. nyxnyxnyx

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

I have a different question: At what point is believing in transducers (drivers) is past the point of being believable, with the current knowledge in the audio/psychoacoustic field? I have experienced many headphones using different drivers, or the same type but with modifications/improvements...
  14. nyxnyxnyx

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

how is it snake oil? you can configure headphones's connection with different cables, some headphones also come with multiple cables too.
  15. nyxnyxnyx

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

anyone got the impression that this IEMs is bassy and punchy yet it's not hitting as hard? I wish drums and kicks sound could sound a bit more impactful with Zero.
Top Bottom