Recent content by nycarrival

1. N

Headphones suggestion for listening to a reel-to-reel

I am planning to do some recording from a DAC and just enjoy the sound of the reel-to-reel. I do not want to spend more than £500.
  2. N

Headphones suggestion for listening to a reel-to-reel

Hello all, This is another dumb question, so please be patient with me. I am getting a reel-to-reel and I am wondering if there is a difference between headphones used for listening to DAC/AMP and streamed music versus two channel stereo delivered from a reel-to-reel machine. I will...
  3. N

Recommendation for a DAC for Stax SRM-006ts

Would you send a link that I can check that model as I am not sure I have seen it? Are you perhaps referring to the STAX SRM-D50?
  4. N

Hello, The model is STAX SRM-006tS - this is with the Kimik upgrade. A quick question - the items you re referring to, will I be able to connect my STAX L700 or I should seek another cable and a connector? Also, which model is the DS-50 you mentioned? Thanks!
  5. N

Thanks! One more question please - what is XLR and why do I need it?
  6. N

is there a list with these top wo dacs?
  7. N

Thanks! One more question - what is your opinion on Stax SRM-D50 energiser? Shall I consider it so I can have both the energiser and a DAC in one unit?
  8. N

Thanks FlyingFreak! What is a balance connection and why do I need that type of connection for my gear? Problem is that the D30 Pro is not available on shenzhenaudio.com
  9. N

Thanks for the replies! The problem is that I cannot be specific because I am not educated in the headphones field. I like the sound of the Stax speakers and thinking of getting a SRM-006ts energiser (I cannot get the combined DAC/energiser D50 anymore in the UK). I thought that a DAC will make...
  10. N

Hello all, I have a new Stax L700 MK2 and getting a Stax SRM-006ts energiser. I was recommended with Chord Qutest or 2Qute, but the price of these is a bit high for me. Any other DAC you can steer me towards? I am planning to primarily use it with streaming from my MacBook Pro. Thanks!
  11. N

Streamer advice for a newbie

Hello all, I did not listen to someone's advice (that I do not need any DAC, nor anything more than HD 600) and ended up with STAX DRM-D50 and L700MK2. I am connecting to ask for some guidance on what could do things better if I get a streamer. I will be listening with connecting my DRM-D50 to...
  12. N

Choosing between Senheiser HD600 and HD6XX

Can someone help me choosing between HD600 and HD6XX? The 6XX from drop appears to be cheaper however a few extra bucks should not spol the party. Thanks for your help!
  13. N

DAC and/or AMP for Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed

Do I really need a DAC if I cannot make the difference between my MacBook sound and a DAC?
  14. N

DAC and/or AMP for Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed

Hello all, I need some help and guidance. I opened my Aeon 2 Closed and plugged them into my MacBook Pro. I will be honest - I have tried before using Topping DX3 Pro with Senheiser HD 600, but I did not quite experienced much difference from just using my laptop. I liked teh sound of my new...
  15. N

Comparison between AEON 2 Closed and Senheiser HD600

Yes, it appears people like the majority users in this forum are well educated about headphones and most importantly, their ears are educated too. I went ahead and bought something based on someone's recommendation and realized I can just use a pair in the £100-£200 range and simply plug it to...
Top Bottom