Recent content by Nwickliff

1. N

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

I actually would love to have another pair of heritage speakers. They have an endearing quality and they’re gorgeous IMO. The fact that some notes jump forward and some jump wider isn’t “accurate” but that’s what makes them engaging and fun.
  2. N

Beautiful and fun speaker. Not accurate but fun. Also resonates. Once you hear open baffle or really well braced speaker you won’t be able to unhear any of the heritage speakers resonating boxes. I’ve had, forte, chorus, Heresy. All have resonances and very uneven frequency responses and...
  3. N

The bass is already pretty incredible for a bookshelf. What specific deficiency are you trying to solve for?
  4. N

New Open Baffle Speaker from Clayton Shaw

You think speaker design can treat room decay?
  5. N

Mostly agree. I think some things need to be fixed with room treatment. Go as far as you can or your better half or sensibility will let you and then adjust the speaker. I still don’t think you can get better results without doing a LOT of both.
  6. N

I think he also wanted to design speakers that did away with the need for treatment too so they would work in these untreated rooms. Finally got around to doing mine and the difference is night and day. The amount of reverb that you can hear in the recordings is amazing when it's not mucked up...
  7. N

SL? Also, at least half don't even measure their designs! It's nuts! No treatment, no eq, no measurements, no dsp and they think they have audiophile setup because they spent $1000's on drivers. Trust their ears they say....
  8. N

I just went active and only use my two 15" drivers for below 300hz. Use KEF Q100 Coax for mids and highs. Not truly dipole because the tweeter is enclosed but everything else it. Cheap and affective. No idea what the polar pattern looks like but in my room there are 4 other speakers...
  9. N

I was a little confused as to why they didn't post any measurements of the speakers. I like New Record Day and he always posts measurements and believes you shouldn't talk about a product without some facts to back it up but i saw zero measurements of these speakers. Has anyone seen any...
  10. N

Klipsch RP-600M Speaker Review

Yeah, something really wrong with those especially if they wabbled on a flat surface.
  11. N

Klipsch RP-600M Speaker Review

"roughly .4mm" lol! Roughly eh? Got a photo?
  12. N

Pipe Dreams.....50hz Helmholtz resonator out of PVC pipe. Bass trap or money trap????

Be gentle please looking for some advice on PVC pipe resonators  Pipe dreams?????? Trying to get rid of this 50hz hang in the room. Got some PVC pipe and got them to resonate at the frequency I wanted. Three 10ft pipes basically cut in half and a neck added to lower frequency. Added some...
  13. N

If there were, would it be able to accurately predict what the in room response would be? Are the maths different with different polar patterns or is that literally what the maths calculate to get the in room?
  14. N

I think i found my ringing problem. Do you think it's my oil heater? Anything I can place on the panels?

Thanks. Yes, I’ve been repeating how much the room matters more than the speakers without actually doing anything about the room. Once you get going it’s hard to stop. Especially DIY. I always just estimated how much wood and how many sheets of mineral wool. I would end up with just a bit more...
Top Bottom