Recent content by NTTY

1. NTTY

Hifi Forum TDA-1541A DAC Review

That’s true, and it would make the one playing louder the preferred. And thanks for your note, that reminds me I forgot to mention that the levels were adjusted between the two players when recording, but there was 0.3dB difference worst case between them, as they both have channels mismatch...
  2. NTTY

Oh, I did not reply before, thanks AdrianusG for quoting DSJR. I think too, from what I measured in my modest lab, and especially what I can hear, that the oversampling filter plays probably a more important role than the DAC itself. I just fail to demonstrate it (so far…). I did not mention it...
  3. NTTY

Hello everyone, sorry this is an old thread, but seeing Amir could not share a multitone test, I thought I'd share this one (16bits undithered) of an old Marantz CD-60 (1989) which runs the couple oversampling filter SAA7220P/B and DAC TDA1541A. It shows 96dB free distorsion. Not too bad...
  4. NTTY

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

Hello everyone, I know this is old topic, but I did not see anyone publishing measurements. So I followed the Rane paper to create my own cable (TRS with Ring not connected) and compared it to a standard TS cable. Motu says only the output will be impacted, and I can confirm that. So let's see...
  5. NTTY

Vintage amplifiers that could challenge or approach current state of the art amplifiers

I sent one of mine to the french restorer mentioned earlier. Details here: https://www.audiovintage.fr/2022/07/07/aiwa-aa-8700/ I asked for additional measurements as well (not published), including amplifier and preamp separately. The amp measures significantly better than the preamp. Decent...
  6. NTTY

Dynamic Range: How Quiet is Quiet?

Sorry, old post, but that might be related to the "Stapedius Reflex" (Acoustic Reflex) whereby the ear will protect itself from loud sounds. Acoustic Reflex will reduce masking below 2000Hz, where we have human voices. When placed in a loud environment, our ear will therefore unconsciously...
  7. NTTY

What phono pre would you like to see tested next?

I'd love to see this one reviewed. The Drawmer MC 1.1 is a bit expensive (500$ in my country) but if it works well, I'd go for it: More information here: https://www.drawmer.com/products/monitor_controller/mc11_monitor_preamp.php
  8. NTTY

NAD D3045 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Thank you for this very interesting review. You're showing the difference with a sampling rate of 192k, with better results. Did you force the device to over sample or did you have to feed it with a higher sampling rate via the USB? If that's the latter, does it mean we would need to oversample...
  9. NTTY

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 Pro (comparison to ADI-2 DAC)

My 400i headset broke last week, unfortunately. I had to return it before testing with the RME. It's a shame because my wife was enjoying it a lot. The effect of the crossfeed is variable depending on the headset (I'm using the Sennheiser HD650, Oppo PM-3, Audio-Thechnica M50x and M70x) and the...
  10. NTTY

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I’d like to see this one Gustard tested here :-)
  11. NTTY

Thanks. On my side I think I like it but the result is variable depending on the headset.
  12. NTTY

Did you guys play with the Crossfeed function?
  13. NTTY

Bad recording/master: it is a crime!!!

Thank you for your replies. I realized I got confused when reading the DR site. Fact is I also have the Germany 1983 release. I think I bought it right after the K2HD, and for some reasons I totally forgot about it. Maybe I was unhappy of my discoveries at the time :) @Richard: About...
  14. NTTY

Bad recording/master: it is a crime!!!

I love this forum. Each time I read a subject, a new world opens to me and I spend hours on the web searching for references/documentations/whatever allows me to get what you're talking about. Super interesting. And this one subject really pleases me because I was like of wondering if it was...
  15. NTTY

Review and Measurements of XDuoo TA-01 and Schiit Fulla V2 DAC and Headphone Amp

I really enjoy your reviews. They make my day... everyday :-)
Top Bottom