Recent content by ntsarb

1. N

Yamaha RX-A3080 Review (AVR)

I don't understand what this means. I suppose you're saying that the AVR will adjust the level of the signal from the preamp to the external amplifier (based on the YPAO measurements), so that the output can reach the intended 0dB. Hence, the external amp will not perform at its maximum power...
  2. N

This is exactly what I did with my RX-A3080. I use the balanced outputs of the preamp to feed the L+R channels to a Rotel RB-1552 MkII external power amplifier. All other (9) channels are amplified by the AVR, for an 11.2 speakers configuration. Never needed to crank it up to full power, to...
  3. N

Yes. Yamaha CX-A5200.
  4. N

Schiit Vidar Amplifier Review

Hi. I just received a 1-year old Vidar, which I purchased second-hand via ebay and, to my disappointment, is causes a popping sound when it's turned off. I contacted Schiit Audio to check whether this is normal and they kindly advised that this is not normal and possibly caused by a DC Offset...
  5. N

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

I was pleasantly surprised to discover this forum. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much info about the actual performance of the RX-A3080.
  6. N

Review and Measurements of Marantz AV8805 AV Processor

I found this thread while searching for any measurements data for the RX-A3080. Has anyone measured it?
Top Bottom