Recent content by nstzya

1. N

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

@amirm, This has likely been discussed (perhaps to death) and is completely OT, but every time I see this room - I’m curious about the bookshelf speakers in the background and their orientation?? :
  2. N

Meridian active loudspeakers

I doubt you will ever be able to restore these - at least ata cost that makes any sense. That said, you may be able to part them out and recoup your cost (perhaps even at a profit). The amplifier/processor boards can be removed and sold, not to mention the woofers and rings and grills. Even the...
  3. N

So you have not answered - where did you purchase these and did you purchase them like this? Any discussion of relative sound is rather pointless unless you can get fully functional units, wouldn’t you agree?
  4. N

I’m considering the same setup. Curious what sub?
  5. N

Both are missing the heads? How?!? What were the circumstances? I have on a rare occasion seen a single head for sale on EBay, but never two. And never in that color which was specific to the 40th anniversary model. You might want to contact a dealer - I recommend Bruce Sinclair at...
  6. N

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I can’t imagine why you’d have trouble finding that. Truthfully has ANYONE read all 2,800 posts? Poll?
  7. N

Monolith by Monoprice THX Certified Satellite Speakers (review by Erin)

They offer a 3 channel sound bar version utilizing these drivers augmented by passive radiators in a larger box volume. And currently on sale. I am limited to on wall center - have to wonder how effective this would be with just center channel operating. And even more curious if the passive...
  8. N

Martin Logan B10 Speaker Review

And no room modes/nodes!
  9. N

Speakers with a built-in axis tilt

Is the “JBL recommended height” really 7 feet? My vote is the variable shim. KISS BTW, for what it’s worth (in response to the title) my Meridian DSP active speakers have a DSP selectable axis tilt - I hear very little difference when I adjust it.
  10. N

Bluesound Powernode Streaming Amplifier Review

+1 I use mine purely streaming via Tidal Connect and/or Amazon Connect and have been very happy with it's performance. Wonder if a digital direct streaming input would test any differently?
  11. N

WiiM Pro Streamer

Since I use the coax spdif digital output, I‘m not sure Pro Plus will offer any benefit to me. I will have to wait to see what other hardware features it might have. I’d like it to have analog sub out.
  12. N

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

For $150 (and 30 day Amazon return) how could I NOT pick one up to try out? I have DSP active speakers and use it solely as a Wi-Fi digital transport via dig coax out so can’t comment on the DAC, but as a transport it functions well. Stable, good app, good functionality, good support. ALMOST...
  13. N

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

USB is more complex (and finicky) connection than I ever understood. Wonder if Node X addresses it at all If it’s hardware related. Do you have a link to that list of incompatible equipment?
  14. N

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

No, not a step backwards as a streamer. Something I forgot to mention and very significant to my uses is the fact that it has a subwoofer output with basic bass management.
Top Bottom